🏵️Chapter 35🏵️: Trouble looms.

{Dure's P.O.V}

  "I'm sorry, Duke. We lost the baby" He announced and all the hope I had had left, evaporated into thin air.

    Father mustn't know about this. He'll kill me if it was possible for him.

I grabbed the doctor by his shirt and wrestled him to the wall.  "You call yourself a doctor and you can't keep the life of a baby?... Then what's your use?" I asked him, my nose flaring on him.

"Your highness, the baby has been under stress a long time ago. The Princess didn't speak up on time leading to the death of the child". He tried to explain to me but I pushed him to the floor.

"You're useless. What's the use of keeping you?"

"Duke Henia, please. There are other ways to go about this. We can settle this-" I shot him dead before he could even complete his sentence, before putting the gun back into my sleeve where I had kept it. It happened too quickly before my eyes, even though I knew I was the one who did it.

    Mary was visibly shivering but Ameed and Lorenzo didn't even move. They must have gotten used to my way of silencing people.

  "Take him and bury him normally. And as for the rest of you present, not a word should reach father's ears about the miscarriage. Do you understand?!" I warned them.

  "Yes, Master". They all chorused.

"Mary, take good care of your mistress. Lorenzo, dispose the body. Ameed, come with me". I ordered and walked out of there, trying to figure out how to cover this whole thing up.

    "Where are we headed, Master?" I heard Ameed ask.

  "To Lokai. I want to see how the construction site is going". I replied him, trying so hard not to think about what Dad will do if he finds out about Nora's miscarriage.

On getting to the entrance of the mansion, the car was already waiting for me, with my chaffeur opening up the car door, making it easy for me to enter the car. I had asked him to carry the sports car so that I'll get to the construction site on time and get information on the site in Lokai because father has been asking for it.

Lokai is one of the biggest center of attraction in this country, a place for many tourists to relax, wine and dine and even a place for ambassadors. During a meeting with father last time, I had asked him that we should build a Casino there. First of all, it could roll in money for the company. Secondly, we could use it as a cover up for our opium business. Three, we could also use it to get information that we want. Father was proud of my idea and asked me to work on it. I started that very same day, bought the land from one of the agents and had sent some people to start working on it. It wasn't until recently did father ask for it, did I remember that I had a project like that.

  I felt a gentle tap on my hand which pulled me out of my thoughts. It was my chaffeur, Lin. He was an Asian.

  "What is it, Lin?" I asked him rather harshly.

"Your phone, boss". He replied, calling my attention to the buzzing phone on my lap. I took the phone and looked at the ID caller. It was the love of my life, Tina.

I picked it and waited to hear her voice first.

"Hey, Baby. How are you?" Was the first thing I heard her say.

"I'm good. You?" I replied, non enthusiastically.

"No, no. Baby. Don't tell me you're good with such a voice and expect me to believe it. Tell me, what's going on?" She asked. She was so good at spotting my emotions.