🏵️Chapter 29🏵️: Eleanora's birthday party.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

  I woke up in shock. Realization dawned on me that it was a dream and I couldn't be more thankful. I was tired of having the same dream over and over and over again.

I just didn't have the heart to tell anybody what I was going through. It has been so bad that I started having a fear for sleep, cause I knew it would be the same dream.

  In the dream, my mother was in a lonely hut, all by herself, deep inside the foggy woods. She was always sewing a baby's blanket anytime I entered the hut. And anytime I touched her, She looked at me with her tear-filled face, just that the tears were blood.

The dream keeps repeating anytime I close my eyes to sleep and sometimes the dream continues.

I put my head in my hands and tried my best not to let the tears sob.

"Your highness?" I heard someone call. I looked up, then at the door, waiting for whoever called me to appear at the door.

Mary walked into the room without carrying anything which was unusual.

  "You're awake, your highness". She said with so much gratefulness in her voice. I smiled, for I had nothing to say to her. 

"How do you feel now, Princess?" She asked, looking at me as if she was observing me.

  "I'm good" I lied, even though I knew that I was feeling a little dizzy.

   Just then, there was a little knock on the door and in came my husband, Dure, with a tray in his hands.

  "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Happy birthday to you" Dure sang with a terrible voice.

I laughed as he came in. "Is that supposed to be a song?" I asked him, laughing at his terrible voice. He smiled and put the tray on my laps while Mary excused herself.

  "I'm not much of a good singer and you know it". He told me and I laughed more, as he took his seat beside my bedside.

"How are  you feeling now?"  He asked me when my laughter subsided. I held his left hand with my right hand.

"I don't know. I feel...uncomfortable" 

He sighed, then put his hands on my belly.

"Those are the early symptoms. As time goes on, the baby will stop making preferences and get used to being there before it's born". He said, rubbing my belly.

Is Dure trying to insinuate something?

" What do you mean by 'The Baby', my love?" I asked him.

Even though I understood what he was trying to insinuate, I wanted his mouth to say it. I didn't want to count my chicks before they hatch.

"Don't you know, Babe?... You're pregnant" He announced and my heart skipped a bit at the news. Then suddenly my sad heart became elated and tears started rolling down my eyes. I couldn't control it

I'm going to be a mother.

I put my hands on my belly, as tears rolled down my eyes while Dure put his hands on top of mine.

"Do you actually mean... That, I, Eleanora Andrews, will be a mother?" I asked Dure, looking at him, while he looked at my belly.

"Do you want to keep the baby, Nora?" He asked out of the blue. 

"Of course, I want to keep it". I replied, my voice was already shaking and my heart was beating unnecessarily fast.

   Dure looked at me and smiled. "Yes, Nora. We're going to be parents". He told me, even though I couldn't feel much excitement in his voice.