🏵️ Chapter 33🏵️: Divorce threats.

{Dure's P.O.V}

I walked into father's study, Solomon excusing I and father to talk. I sat on his couch, gulping down the beer he had left in his mug just so I could calm my nerves. It hasn't been easy, acting like you care for someone who you don't have feelings for. But as father as said, the process matters a lot, as far as we all reach our planned goal.

  "Good morning, father". I greeted him before taking the magazine off the table and opening to the sports aspect of the magazine to read.

"Good morning son". He replied my greetings, a voice full of Glee.

"You seem happier than usual" I told him my observations.

"King Azad is dead!" Father announced.

"She finally got the old man killed. Took her long enough" I chuckled, flipping the page of the magazine. Father chuckled, walking towards where I sat and sitting on his own couch, which was right beside mine.

"To be honest, I didn't know that we could make such accomplishments, father. Who would have thought that king will die in our hands but not by our hands. The fate of that family is just too tragic". I told him, non challantly, amused honestly, that our family and the Steven family could actually make such good partners.

"Like I said before son, nothing is impossible. As far as there's a will, there'll always be a way". Father said, patting my hand.

"What's the next plan, father?" I asked him, dropping the magazine I was holding and looking at him.

  "Next plan is to uproot her after she has connected us to the right people and gotten the royal seal and that old man's will".  Father replied me, chuckling to himself as he played with his thumb ring.

"What happened to the royal seal?" I asked father.

"The consort said the seal and the will went missing and since she got married to him, she hasn't been able to find it"

"Seems Azad wasn't as stupid as we thought" I complimented the dead man..

"I'll give her the grace of three months to find the royal seal and will, if she doesn't, I'll look for a better puppet to do my works". Dad replied slyly.

"What about Annabelle?" I asked him.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Seems like she knows my relationship with Tina. If she does, that wouldn't be good for me. I'd have killed her but we are in alliance with her family. Duke Steven needs us to gain more Ministers to his side and get him more power and influence and we also need him. We haven't even done half of what we planned". I tried explaining the situation to father.

"Don't worry about Annabelle. She dares not do anything stupid. What about Nora?  Have you been able to get the location of that place from her or at least the documents?" He asked me and even though I was a little afraid to disappoint him, I just had to let him know the truth.

"She doesn't know about her Father's documents. I doubt she still remembers her father" I told father honestly. He looked disappointed for a little while before his face brightened up again. The news of king Azad's death must have pleased him a lot.

"Just keep stringing Nora along. Her use is coming soon. And don't worry about Annabelle, I'll take care of her".

"Are you really sure Nora has a use? Because seems to me that she's getting more and more useless. I mean, she doesn't have any powerful back up anymore. Why keep her?" I asked father, honestly praying all this acting stops one day.

"Son... Everything about Nora is still useful. She can be used to control her brother". 

"Green?... I don't think that can still happen father. They are virtually enemies now. Can't remember the last time they talked to each other".