🏵️Chapter 34🏵️: The phonecall.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

"Good morning, Princess. How was your night?" Mary asked me as soon as I opened my eyes.

I smiled before she helped me to sit up in bed. "Mary...How'd I get home yesterday?" I asked her not remembering coming home myself yesterday.

"Lucas carried you inside. You were already asleep by the time he arrived and he didn't want to wake you up so he carried you in". She replied as she handed me a cup of Juice. Since I got pregnant, I had stopped taking moringa tea, coffee and even wine because they all irritated me.

I sighed as I took a sip of the juice. I looked at my other side of the bed and didn't see my husband.

"Where's my husband, Mary?" I asked her.

"He hasn't come back home". Mary replied.

"He slept out again?... I thought he had stopped that habit a long time ago" I muttered to myself.

"Princess..." Mary started, gaining my attention. I looked up at her and smiled "You wanted to say something, Mary?" I asked her when she went silent for a long time.

"Princess... You need to be resting more these days. I was so scared when I saw Lucas carrying you yesterday". Mary pleaded with me. I smiled and held her cheeks before nodding to her request.

"Don't feel to sad about His Majesty's death, Princess. He might not be with us physically but he's here with us in spirit". Mary said as she tried to console me. I smiled and nodded.

I wasn't exactly feeling pain anymore, neither was I feeling happy. I was just disturbed and I didn't understand why. I just knew I was emotionally troubled. I gulped down the whole content of the cup I was holding before putting it back on the tray for Mary to take away.

"Mary?" I called her name as she put the tray on the side drawer.

"Yes, Princess?"

"It's time I get you a spouse. You've been with me long enough to remain a servant. You're like a younger sister to me and seeing you attend to me almost everyday hurts me when I know you should be working with the certificate you got from the University". I told her my mind as I gently patted her hair.

"Princess, I want to stay by your side and serve you forever". She replied me, her voice sounding so sorrowful.

"You can't serve me forever. One day, you'll have to start a family of your own". I told her, trying to let her understand that she's a grown woman now, just like I am.

"But who'll accept me the way you did?... I'm already so used to you"

"Mary, you can come visit me anytime of the day but for now, you, Ciara and Kalia need to complete your lives on your own and stop working for me". I tried to convince her but then she started crying, which cut my heart.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her, Totally surprised at her tears.

"If you don't want me anymore princess, who else will want me? Who else will be so good to me like you've been?" Mary asked with a tear-filled face.

"I'm not forcing you to get married, I'm just letting you know that I'm not comfortable with the thoughts that your life can still be better and here you are working so hard for me. Think about it Mary. If there's someone you're in love with, do let me know. So I'll arrange a wedding for you and the person". I explained to her.

Before she could answer, Ciara bursted in without knocking and announced "Your highness, Queen Mary is here to see you," making my nose flare.

What's that bitch doing in my house?!