🏵️ Chapter 15🏵️: Our first disagreement.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

  I rinsed all the lather from my body and rinsed my hair properly before getting my bathrobe and walking out the bathroom.

  I walked to the changing room from the bathroom and wore my nightgown. Then I packed my hair and walked to the bedroom.

I stood before the bannisters and held them, my hair carried with the wind, my mind was totally blank. I was emotionally tired. I took the glass of wine on the table and sipped out of it. I was a non-alcoholic wine addict already but do you blame me?

I heard a small bang of the door closing shut and I turned to look at who entered.

It was my husband, Dure.

He finally came out of his study after spending three straight hours in there.

  We locked eyes before he tore his gaze from mine, so heartlessly. I said nothing and walked into the room and watched him walk into the changing room.

  I took the envelope from the table, the letter Ezra had given me earlier and fiddled with it.

He walked out of the changing room and walked towards the same table, I rested my hands on.

  "So... Are you going to keep ignoring me?" I asked him as he picked up his phone from the table.

  He didn't reply and turned to leave. I was tired of his snobs so I took the initiative and ran to the door of the room before he got there and stood at the door. Locking the door and throwing the key to a random area.

  He saw what I did but still remained calm and walked towards the door like I was invisible. He gently pushed me to one side and brought out from his knicker pockets and put the key into the keyhole.

"Henia! What is wrong with you?...Why are you behaving so effeminate?... I don't expect you to get angry over such a small issue". I told him and he removed the key from the keyhole and looked at me.

It's just now that I'm noticing his full face on full view because his hair was packed up and his two eyes on full view.

He wasn't smiling. Oh no, he wasn't. His face was calm but his eyes were bitterly cold and this time, it was worse than before. That look of hate was clearly depicted in his eyes balls. His eyes were looking at whatever was in my hand. I was curious as to what he was looking at so keenly so I brought it out and looked at it. It was Ezra's letter.

"What are you holding?" He asked.

"Ezra's letter for me. He gave me before he died". I replied him.

  "Can I see it?" He asked me, stretching forth his hand towards whatever I was holding.

I looked at what I was holding. Ezra was my ex and whatever he wrote in the letter had his confessions in it for sure and showing Dure what was inside could make the whole matter worse. So I kept it behind my body and shaked my head.

"What? You don't want to give me?... Is this how you make your alleged peace with your husband?"

  "The letter is for me, Dure. Ezra gave it to me and told me to read it. He wrote his heart into the paper and gave me before he died, so I would be dishonoring him by giving it to you before knowing what's in the letter". I tried to explain to him.

Dure looked calm and walked towards me slowly and steadily.  I stood still as he walked towards me.

"Give the letter to me, Nora" He said, clearly getting angrier as the seconds rolled by.

  "What's with you and the letter?"

"In case you haven't noticed, I had a bad day today. As if that wasn't enough, I had my wife kissing her ex and seeing it all over the internet makes it worse. So be the good girl that you have always been and give me that letter!"