-13-

How you guys doin?

***

Gerard was a beautiful singer. To be honest, I really hadn't expected that out of him. "That was really beautiful," I whispered as his voice glided to a halt. His door was shut, but the silence that remained after I spoke hinted that he had heard me.

After sitting outside his door in silence for more than ten minutes, I stood up and reached for the handle when Gerard's voice stopped me. My fingertips were centimeters away, "Don't come in, Frankie." He sounded... Sad. Not as sad as last night, but just depressed.

"Gerard? Are you okay?" He answered with silence. "Gerard, please open the door," again I got no response. I grabbed the handle, but he had locked it. "Goddammit Gerard! Open the door!" I heard a small bit of shuffling papers before footsteps coming towards the door. I expected to have him open the door and be faced with an agitated, raven haired man. Instead, a small note was slipped under the door-

'Frank. Please go downstairs and make yourself something to eat. I'm not sure what I have, but use whatever you like. I'll be down in a bit. After you get dressed- I put fresh clothes on the kitchen counter- and eat, I will drive you to school. No rush,
-Gerard
P.S. Don't worry, I didn't look when I put on your pajamas;)'

Goddammit Gerard. I glanced down, and, sure enough, I was in a fresh set of plaid pajamas. Along with clean boxers. Fucking hell...

I made my way down to the kitchen and grabbed the clean clothes off the table before heading to the bathroom to change. I pulled my shirt up over my head and slid the new one on- and it smelled even better than the shirt he washed the first time. Goddamn, I need to start using his detergent. I took off my pants and slid the pair of jeans over my legs. Gerard was a tad bit taller than me, so his jeans were quite long. So long, in fact, that I could roll them halfway up to my knees, and still have them be too long. Oh-fucking-well.

I exited the bathroom and went back into gerards kitchen in search of one thing- coffee. I don't usually eat breakfast, but coffee is a delicacy. I opened his pantry and was rather shocked at its contents. All that it held was a loaf of bread(that was far past it's time), 2 boxes of 'Count choc-ula', a half empty box of crackers, a jar of cheese whiz and, what appeared to be, a cucumber. Lord knows what he used some of those for.

After scouring the cabinets, I finally found some and started the coffee pot. As soon as it finished and I started to pour myself a cup, Gerard made his way downstairs and took it from my hands with a devilish grin on his face, "I love coffee," he smirked.

"Damn it , Gerard, that was my cup."

"Don't sass me. This is my house and my coffee. So shhhh..." He held up a finger a took a long gulp of the scalding liquid. I laughed and poured the coffee that remained in the pot into a new mug and took a sip. "We should get going, it's almost 7."

"Yeah," I agreed. "Let's go." I swallowed the rest of my coffee and threw my backpack over my shoulder. Gerard grabbed his keys and followed right behind me. "Thanks... For- uh, letting me stay at your house and stuff..." I sighed.

"No problem. You're welcome anytime." He sent me a small smile.

"Thanks... And, um... I won't bring it up anymore after this if you aren't comfortable with it, but thank you for telling me about your brother. I know it couldn't have been an easy thing to do, and I feel honored that you were willing to share something so personal with me." I examined his face for any kind of reaction, but received none.

"It's fine," he whispered in a barely audible voice. He cleared his throat and turned on the radio.

"Ugh!" We shouted simultaneously as 'my anaconda don't' rang out through the car. He switched it off and sighed before we pulled up to my school.

"Thanks for the ride and stuff." I smiled at him as I exited his car. He seemed... Off today. But I guess he didn't want to talk about it. Oh well. Not my place to speak. I looked up and saw Brendon ushering me towards him, Ryan, Patrick, and some other people I didn't recognize. Looks like I get to make more friends today... Yay... (I thought unenthusiastically).

***

Gerards P.O.V.

After dropping Frank off, I decided to head out for a bit. I wasn't really in a 'homey' mood. I went down the street a bit and stopped at the liquor store, "Hi, Ronnie!" I called to the heavily tatted man behind the counter.

"Gerard! Hey, man! How've you been? Damn! You haven't aged a day! It's been quite a while since you've been in here..." He flashed me his signature smirk before coming out from behind the counter and tackling me in a big bear hug.

"Good, good. You?"

"Fuckin great! The band is finally starting to take off, man! It's amazing! We've played 6 shows so far this month!" He hopped back over the counter and flashed me a big grin. The last time I saw him, him and a few of his buddies had gotten together and we're trying to get famous. I guess he's gotten a bit closer. "Alright," he sighed, "back to business. We both know why you're here. And I'm not sure if you remember this, but I was in fact at your intervention. You and I both know that you aren't supposed to have alcohol. I'm sorry, man. But I saw you at your worst with this stuff, and I never want to see you back there again. I can't let you have anything." He shot me a stern look and I thought back to that night. My intervention. My drinking had become so bad that I tried to stab my best friend. Fuck.

Last night had been my first drink in years.

"Shit. Shit. Ronnie, I-I fucked up... Thank y-you... I j-just, I-" the room around me started to spin and I collapsed to the ground. Ronnie came over and helped me up and back into my car.

"You're stronger than this, Gerard." He gave me one more reassuring smile before I drove off. I didn't have the slightest fucking clue as to where I was going, so I just drove.

I drove until a rather familiar road came into view- Cemetery Drive. I pulled down the street and went all the way to the end before coming to a stop and taking a deep breath. I got out and made my way over to the iron gate and went inside the cemetery. I followed the familiar paths that I once knew so well to the back right corner of the cemetery. There they were. All together- my family.

"Donna L. Way - loving sister, wife, friend, and mother. 1820-1844"

"Donald R. Way - wonderful husband, loving father, and great man. 1818-1844"

"Michael "Mikey" J. Way - a talented boy with a kind heart 1840-1855"

I chuckled a bit before I pulled out my pocket knife and fixed the date on Mikey's headstone. "That's better... 1840- 1999."

***

Oh shit. Look what I did. Sorry this chapter kinda sucked- and I probably fucked up a lot with the ages and shit but yeah. You get the main idea. Anyway... What do you guys think is happening o_O

Ok well love ya lots- btw I didn't edit this... Oh well *shrugs* please comment/vote and stay fabulous, killjoys.

Merci pour le venin...