-33-

Gerard and I stayed in each others arms the remainder of the night; me only getting up briefly to go pee because my bladder is small as fuck.

We hardly spoke; I simply let my mind wander aimlessly, thinking about my life and everything that had led to this point. So many things had changed so quickly, and my mind ached to go back to the simplicity of the life I had before Belleville. The life where I had a family and a future. The life I knew how to live.

But now... Now I had no family. Now I'd missed so much school that my grades were dropping even lower than they already were. Now all I had were the few friends who decided to put up with my bullshit and a boyfriend who was a creature I should have never trusted in the first place.

But I did trust him, and because I did, it brought me to where I am now. In his arms, in his home, in his life, and the life I had before is completely gone because of that fact alone. And honestly, I wouldn't change that for the world. For once, I'm comfortable in my own skin. I'm thankful for friends who care so much. And I'm happy what I had attempted a few months ago didn't work; something I never thought I would be glad about. But then again, things change, just like the leaves change in colors.

I smiled as I felt Gerard pull me a little closer, as though he knew what I was thinking about. Everything would be alright as long as he was by my side- that, I knew for certain.

-

"Frankie... Wake up, sugar." I heard Gerard's tired voice in my ear.

"Mmm nuh-uh..." I protested, but was soon having my face poked repeatedly until I agreed to wake up and participate in life.

"Good morning, there's coffee brewing in the kitchen and Emma messaged you requesting your presence back at the orphanage. And no, I didn't look through your phone, I just saw a notification pop up and figured I should make sure nothing was wrong. And also I totally did not change your phone's wallpaper," Gerard giggled and hopped off of me and out of the room, presumably to his own coffee, leaving me alone in my sleepy haze.

I sat up slowly and peeked at my phone, sure enough, my wallpaper was a pencil doodle of a tiny coffee drinking vampire. Why am I not surprised?

I made my Way to the kitchen and poured myself some coffee, giggling slightly at the mug Gerard had left out for me that read 'God Hates Tickling Satan'. I don't know what it means or why he owned it, but it was fabulous none the less.

"Hey finish up Frankie, we've got to get going. I don't want Emma upset for me keeping you so long... She kind of scares me..." Gerard chuckled before setting down his own mug and then jogging out of the room, muttering about how he forgot to grab his favorite CD to play in the car.

I finished my coffee and waited by the door for Gerard, but he didn't come back. I pulled out my phone and sent him a text telling him to hurry up, but I heard his phone buzz on the counter meaning if have to go and get his easily distracted cute butt.

"Gerard, come on we've gotta go," I called out as I started walking towards his room. His door was open, strange. He always shut it behind himself, no matter what. I peeked inside and saw no sign of Gerard. I called his name once more before carefully walking a few steps into his room. Still no sign of him.

Suddenly his curtains burst open with a gust of wind, revealing his open window. I sprinted to it and peered out, I'd never seen his window open before. I felt a cold gust of wind smack me in the face as I saw storm clouds overhead. I glanced towards the trees, and for a split second I saw a set of black eyes staring into mine before they disappeared completely, as though they were the same wisp as I had seen my first day here. I sank to the ground beneath the window in Gerard's room as I heard the rain pounding outside. Great. Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars. But me, I was just drenched in my pain again. I guess we all have to become who we really are.

Eventually I stood and pulled Gerard's window closed, shutting the curtains as well. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Emma, telling her something came up and Gerard couldn't bring me back right now.

I didn't know what was going on, and honestly, I don't think I wanted to.

-

"It's about time you got back Iero. I can't just cover for you 100% of the time. Get your shit together," Emma snapped as I went back in my room. I hadn't intended to be gone so long, but things with Gerard had just really thrown me off. And besides, I had to walk halfway back to Miss Nora's before deciding an Uber was probably the safest and easiest bet.

"I'm sorry, Emma. It won't happen again." I shrugged and flopped on my bed next to her, trying to bury my face in the pillows.

"It's fine I guess," she muttered sarcastically. "Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Trust me." I responded with little emotion.

"You don't really seem like it... Did something bad happen with Gerard? You can talk to me you know? Tell me what's going on." Emma smiled reassuringly and rested her hand on my back in an attempt to comfort me.

"I guess," I sighed. "I mean, he just gets kind of weird sometimes and it freaks me out because I don't know how to handle it. But it's nothing you should concern yourself with alright? I'll be fine." I buried my face again and pretended to fall asleep so Emma would get bored and leave me alone.

Of course I was thankful for her trying to help, but how could I explain something like this to someone when I don't even understand it myself? Some things are just better left unsaid. It's better off this Way.

And besides, I knew Gerard would come back soon enough and things would be back to normal... Well, as normal as they can be for someone like me. I sighed heavily and put in my earbuds. It had been a long day. Too long. And all I wanted now was some sleep and a better day tomorrow.

-

I woke with a start to a pitch black room and a chilly breeze. I glanced at my clock and saw it was about four in the morning. Great. I stood up and realized someone had opened my window, lovely. "Gerard?" I whispered, "are you in here? Did you open my window?" I took a few steps forward.

"Stop." A voice I didn't recognize fully said from directly in front of me. I stood stock still. Their voice was deep and colder than ice, it sent shivers down my spine. "Hold out your right hand," it spoke again. I obeyed. I felt an envelope be placed in my hand before something gently touched my lips. I didn't move. I didn't breathe. I just waited.

Eventually I heard this being move away from me, towards my still open window. I felt my lips move as I asked, "who are you?" But I got no response.

The being suddenly leapt out the window and I sprung forwards, hoping to catch a real glimpse of them before they disappeared completely. At first, I saw nothing through the window. But as I squinted my eyes, I could just make out a figure watching me from just beyond the tree line. A figure with Raven colored hair and coal black eyes that flashed a familiar hazel just before the entire being disappeared completely.

I released the breath I hadn't realized I was holding as I clutched the envelope in my hand even tighter, the only thought running through my head: Gerard.

---

Hey look it's an update lmao

I hope you guys enjoyed and I put in some suspense because why not and also I'm sorry if anything doesn't line up right, just let me know, it's been a longggg time since I updated and I actually went back and reread the entire book so hopefully there won't be too many holes.

Well I think that's it, leave a vote or comment and I'll love you forever :D

Merci pour le venin...