-28-

"C'mon Pete, we're gonna be late. And it's really shitty to be late on your first day at a new school." I stood by the door with Emma, waiting for Pete to come downstairs so we could walk to the bus.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." He snarled. Pete is not a morning person, to put it simply. He hated getting up before eleven, and was an absolute asshole until one in the afternoon.

"That's what she said..." Emma whispered, before we both burst into giggles.

"God, you guys are so immature..." Pete scoffed as he came down the stairs and flung open the front door.

"What crawled up his ass?" Emma chuckled as she closed the goddamn door. I shook my head as we watched Pete walk ahead of us, and eventually turn to wait for us because he had no idea where the fuck he was going.

"Hey, Emma, what lunch period do you have?" I asked.

"I have fourth lunch, you?"

"Damn, fifth. Hey, at least Pete will have someone to sit with at lunch if he gets it fourth period," I muttered.

"Yeah... Probably not. See, I have a group of girls I sit with at lunch and I honestly doubt they would take a liking to Pete..." She gave me a sideways glance before we came to a stop.

"Yeah, that's understandable. He can be a bit much at times." I looked over to see Pete trying to make friends with Ronnie. Poor bastard. I saw the bus starting to pull up, so I turned back to Pete, only to see him face down on the ground with Ronnie on top of him. I sighed and made my way onto the bus to the seat behind Emma as a sullen Pete climbed on and sat next to me.

The ride was silent, and Bert didn't ride the bus today. It was nice. As the busses released us to go to class, I told Pete to follow me to the front office.

We sat and waited for a few minutes before a woman with a loose bun came to assist us. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, hi, I'm Pete. I'm new to the school and I need my schedule." He smiled brightly at her as she leaned down to type something into her computer.

"Full name?"

"Uh, Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the third..." He mumbled. She typed something else into her computer before she printed out three small slips of paper and handed two of them to Pete and one of them to me.

"That's a pass allowing you to be late to your first period, will you please show Mr. Wentz where his classes are?" I nodded and exited the small room with Pete on my heels.

"Ok, lemme see your schedule..." He passed it over to me. "Cool, we have two classes and lunch together." I smiled and passed it back to him. "I'll show you where your first four classes are, and you know where the cafeteria is, so you'll be fine until lunch." He nodded and followed me upstairs to the science pod. "Alright, you have this class, Mr. Saluzzi, for first period. So after I show you around, come back here."

"Simple enough," he shrugged.

"Second period is... Mrs. Hawley for Language arts, her room is right on the edge so it's easy to find," I pointed towards her room before glancing back down at the schedule, "third is Mr. Armstrong for history, and I have no idea where your fourth period is."

"Well what class is it?"

"Theatre... Have fun with that," I laughed, "I've gotta get to class though, I'll see you later." I started to turn away, but instead grabbed a sharpie from my bag and scribbled some names on both of Pete's arms.

"What the hell?" He asked.

"Ok, left arm is your classes, in order, because we both know you're going to lose your schedule by second period. Right arm is the names of friends I have here who you should sit near and talk to. If you have any problems, text me." He barely had time to mutter an 'ok' before I was trotting down the hallway to my first period. God, I hope Pete doesn't get into trouble.