-17-

Agh sorry for makin younguys wait like a week for an update. It probably won't happen again. Ok enjoy or somethin...

***

Franks P.O.V.

My screen was completely shattered. The night before it was perfectly fine, and then I had that 'dream' or whatever the fuck it was, and now it's shattered. What the hell? The dream was real? No... That's impossible. It had to be.

"Frank?" I heard Gerard call me.

"One sec." I slipped my broken phone into my pocket and made my way downstairs, "Hey Gerard, do you know what happened to my phone?" I held it out to show him.

"Yeah... I do, but it doesn't matter. I'll take you to get it repaired later. Just drop it, ok?" He gave me a serious look before proceeding to rinse out our now emptied coffee mugs.

"Just tell me what happened."

"Frank... It'll freak you out if I told you, so just drop it ok?"

"No! I want to know what the fuck happened!" I yelled at him. I didn't mean to yell, but I was starting to get really concerned. With the way Gerard was acting, the dream seemed to be all too real.

"You really want to know? Fine. Last night I heard you screaming in your room, so I came upstairs. You were yelling and thrashing around in your bed. I don't know, I thought you were having a seizure or something. I called your name and you were unresponsive. I guess it was a nightmare because your eyes were shut tight, but I was trying to hold you down to keep you from hurting yourself. You ended up kneeing me in the ribs and kicking your phone off the nightstand- successfully shattering your screen." I looked at him with my mouth agape as he continued, "I didn't know what to do. You wouldn't stop and I was seriously fuckin' worried, so I... Please don't be upset... I- uh..."

"What did you do?" I was on edge and I wanted- no, needed to know what the fuck happened.

"I... Injected... you with a calming serum. It wasn't anything dangerous, I swear, and all it does is make you sleepy and relaxed. I'm so sorry, Frank, I- I just di-didn't know what to do! I was scared and I didn't want to have to call an ambulance or something!" I was stunned. Gerard had injected me with something? What the hell?!

"Thank you for being honest. I have a few questions, and then I want to go back to my parents house." My voice was surprisingly calm given how fast my mind was running.

"I understand. Please, ask anything you want. And I get that you don't feel comfortable here anymore, but you're welcome any time... It's been nice having company..."

"Thank you. What time did this happen? How long was I spazzing out for? Where did you stab me? And what was in the serum?" I asked rather bluntly.

"It started at 3:03am and you were 'spazzing' until about 3:40. I put the needle into your jugular- it helps spread medicine faster- and it was more of a venom persay than a serum."

"What do you mean 'venom'?" I felt my neck and there were two small dots of where the needle had stuck me. "Why are there two holes, Gerard?"

"I missed the first time, and it's the venom from a chromous sevanta- it allows for muscular relaxation and easier sleeping. It's 100% safe, I promise."

"Well, thank you for the venom. I'm going upstairs for a few minutes." I turned on my heel and headed back upstairs. I needed to think.

What the hell was I thinking when I asked if I could stay here? He's a complete stranger, charming as hell, but still a complete stranger. I was stupid to come here. I should've just faced the consequences of my parents. Damn. I checked my phone for the first time since I got a concussion- 23 missed calls and 37 new text messages. Wow. Since when did I become popular? Since I told my parents I was gay, ran away to live with a strange man, got knocked out, and was injected by 'venom'. Makes perfect sense, right?

I opened my texting app and came to realize that only 4 different people had texted me- my mom, Bob, Pete, and Brendon- lord knows how he even got my number.

I started with Bob, he's usually the most chill and does not know my current situation-

B- "heyyy man. havent heard from u in a while. u alive? I kinda do miss u ya know. Petes alright, but I can't complain about him and his boytoy to him ya know? ughhh text me back fucker"

Damn, I miss that asshole. I texted him a quick reply before moving on to Pete

p- "hurry the fuck back. bob sucks at being a wingman- ive only gotten laid twice since u left. xoxPeteykins"

I swear he's the gayest fucker I've ever met- and, believe it or not, I've met Elton John. I didn't bother typing a response before going to Brendon's text-

Bren- "Hey... So I saw those guys at school jump u and then gerard knock them the fuck out. Not gonna lie- it was pretty cool. But is your head ok? I heard about the concussion :/ xøBren"

F- "yeah I'm fine. thx for checkin up on me. also- how the hell did u get my number?"

I hit send and opened the tab with 34 unread messages... Heaven help us now...

Mom- "Frank. We need to talk asap. Please come home."

Mom- "I don't know what you're trying to pull, but it isn't working. Come home. NOW. "

Mom- "I called to see if you were at school. They said you have a concussion. Really? You faked a concussion so you wouldn't have to go to school? I'm not mad, I'm just very disappointed."

That was all I read before I texted her a quick apology and told her I would be home later that night. I was terrified. All of the calls had been from my mom, except one that was from the school nurse asking about my concussion. I was about to put my phone in my pocket when it buzzed again. I checked the texts-

Gerard- "I'm really sorry about last night. I overreacted and I shouldn't have done what I did. I understand that you wish to go home, but it was really nice having your company. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. You are always welcome to stay at my home, you will never impose, and I will always have coffee for you. You're the first 'friend' I've had in a while, and I don't want to scare you away so soon. You can always come to me if something happens- I care. I want you to be safe- even if that sounds creepy as fuck. I mean it. I'll always have a room for you here.
XøXøG"

I was speechless. Completely and utterly speechless. I mean, what he did was wrong, but he only did it to try to help me. I guess I see where he's coming from. Maybe I should give him another chance. I headed downstairs to talk to the man himself before deciding anything further though.

"I got your text. Do you mean it?"

"Every word."

"It was a tad creepy, but you just wanted me to be safe. I respect that. I need to visit my parents tonight, though. But... I guess I'll stay here with you. But I swear if you stab me again..." I sent him a small smile which he returned, along with a hug. His skin was rather chilly, but it went almost unnoticed.

"When do you want to leave?" He asked.

"Now?"

"Alright. Let's go."

We made our way to the door and into his car. It's strange, but I felt like I knew Gerard better than my own parents. If anyone is the real stranger, it's them. But even if you think you know someone, they always have a few secrets of their own.

***

I honestly can't believe I'm on chapter 17 like wow. Please comment/vote, and stay fabulous, killjoys.

Merci pour le venin...