Chapter 3...

Ugh. Sorry I haven't updated in like forever (not like anyone's reading this anyway...), but I kinda got bored of it and I didn't know where to go with it. BUT- I'm going to try again anyway (even though my writing is shit), and hopefully it'll turn out okay. Votes and comments are GREATLY appreciated- (especially advice...) and yeah. Enjoy or something...

***

Franks p.o.v.

The forest was dark. Dark and quiet. Almost too quiet. It wasn't like any forest I had been in before- that's for sure, but it was kind of nice. It was peaceful, scenic (from what you could see, at least), sweet smelling and had an air of mystery to it. As I walked in farther, I took in all of my surroundings- a small stream to my left, large rocks and boulders scattered about, a patch of shrubs underneath one of the larger trees and what appeared to be a clearing a little ways ahead of me.

I figured the clearing was the safest bet until I knew the area a bit better. I managed to push some briers out of the way and made it to the space with only a few scratches. The scene was beautiful- the stream crossed over the clearing, light filtered in through the trees, there were flowers everywhere, a large pile of boulders was off to one side and it was surrounded by some of the tallest (and best climbing) trees I had ever seen. As I crossed over the flowers- careful not to step on and kill them- I peered into the stream. There was so much life packed into that thing- minnows, algae, snails, tadpoles, crawfish and that's only what I saw at first glance! It was mesmerizing. However, that posed the question of 'why isn't the rest of the forest so full of life?'. I'd been here over 45 minutes, and I hadn't heard so much as a bird chirp. Hell, I didn't even hear the trees shaking in the wind. All I heard was the soft trickle of the stream- not a single living thing was making noise, except for me, of course.

I stood there and listened intently for a good 7 minutes. Nothing. It was like the forest was put on mute. I decided to explore and push my boundaries a bit further by leaping over the stream and going to check out the pile of boulders. The forest had other plans for me. Those plans included me landing in a large pile of mud on the other side of the stream and falling flat on my ass into the stream.

"Ahh fuck me!" I yelled into the empty forest.

"When and where, sugar?" A voice replied.

What. The. Fuck. I stole a glance all around me and saw no one. Holy shit. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuuuuuckk. Someone is fucking stalking me and followed me here to murder me. Oh, god. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I checked my surroundings again. Just me.

"Hello..?" I called out nervously.

No response.

"I fucking heard you a minute ago, you know. It's no use hiding." I yelled.

Again, no response. Well fuck. I guess that means I have a ghost stalker. Fucking perfect. Just what I need. And I can't even see them or get them to respond to me so I can tell them to back the fuck off. I looked around one more time before standing up and attempting to wipe off some of the foul smelling mud. Well, I'm already over here so I may as well climb up the boulders so I can see this place a bit better.

I cautiously made my way over to them and glanced around one last time before beginning my ascent. The rocks weren't hard to climb up, per say, but when you're soaking wet and covered in mud it isn't the easiest task. The pile was about 15 feet at its tallest point, and I was determined to make it all the way up there.

I secured my grip on the first rock and started to haul myself up. It wasn't too bad. The rocks had nice little indentions to grab ahold of which made things a bit easier. I hummed to myself while climbing- it made the forest not as desolate. Don't get me wrong, I loved the peace and quiet, but this place was just too quiet. It was unsettling.

I made it to the top rock and pulled myself all the way up. It was pretty flat and easy to stand on. As I peered around me, I noticed how big this forest actually was. Looking back the way I came, I could see the cul-de-sac I lived on, the main highway for the area, and the road that led into 'town' (if you could even call it a town, that is). Then I looked at the forest. You could clearly see where the forest had been cut down to build the streets and houses, but on the other side, the forest never seemed to end! It stretched out for miles until it disappeared and turned into a blur of green. I could see everything from where I was standing- or so it felt like. It was breath taking.

I continued to admire the view for a few more minutes before heading back down and going home.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Said a voice in my ear.

The voice was so close- and there was no possible way for anyone else to have been on that rock with me. I turned suddenly to face my 'ghost stalker', but instead my heel slipped off the rock. I tried to catch my balance, but it proved futile. I fell off the back of the rock, and time seemed to move in slow motion. I made a desperate grab for anything to steady me- but nothing was there. I was falling faster, and faster, and I had yet to see the owner of the voice who was on the rock with me. They vanished.

The ground approached faster, and faster, I was fairly sure I was going to die. Suddenly, a blur of black clouded my vision, but it wasn't the ground- it was moving too. This entity slowed my falling enough to prevent what may have been a fatal fall. Instead, I landed on a cushion that felt like snow. I guess fatality is like ghosts in snow... But before I had time to process what was happening, I felt my consciousness drift into darkness.

***

Okay chapter 3 is done!! Thoughts?? Anyone?? Votes and comments are greatly appreciated and I would love to hear from whoever may be reading this train-wreck. Idk when I'll post another chapter, so if you get tired of waiting just message me or leave a comment. Ok that's it :p you guys are the best!!

Merci pour le vinin...
-twisted