-23-

Tbh I'm just rly sick of life rn and also I'm not currently home so no pic with this chapter :p enjoy or somethin...

***

"Frankie... Hey, wake up. We gotta get back to the house..." Gerard mumbled in my ear.

I slowly peeled my eyes open as I recalled yesterday's events and remembered why I was leaning against a stump with Gerard's arms around me. Honestly, it was a pretty classy stump. Hell, you could plop a hat on it and give it name! I think it'd have to be a fedora, and it's name would definitely be Patrick. Gerard stood up, causing me to be left with the empty space where he once was. "But I'm tired..."

"I know, and if we go back to the house you can have coffee, and then you won't be tired anymore." He chuckled as he pulled me up to my feet. I groaned as he started walking, eventually making him come back and pull me along.

"Gerard..." I whined, "I'm tired..."

"I know, Frank. Trust me, I know." He smiled as we continued at a very slow pace.

"Carry me?" I asked in the sweetest voice I could muster.

"If it will make you shut up, then fine." He walked behind me and picked me up bridal style.

"Damn. You're really strong." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I know. I'm also really fast." He smirked.

"Ha. You're funny. You call this fast? We got passed by a turtle not to long ago. You may be strong, but you are one slow motherfucker." I laughed and he stopped walking. He looked me dead in the eye, and before I knew what was happening, Gerard slipped me around and held me piggyback style. And then, he ran. He ran faster than any human being I had ever seen, and I could barely speak to ask what was happening. We were back at the house within thirty seconds.

"W-what the hell was t-that?!" I panted as gerard set me on the ground.

"I told you I was fast." He smiled, not even breaking a sweat.

"There's a difference between fast and fucking lightning speed! What the hell?! It's impossible to run that fast!" I yelled at the paling man standing before me.

"Nothing's impossible..." He responded after a few moments.

"Gerard, please just give me a straight answer for once. Please." I begged.

"Ok," his hazel eyes locked with mine.

"How can you run so fast? How are you that strong, I just... I don't understand."

"Frank, I-I can't tell you. Believe me, I want to, but I can't." He was pleading me with his eyes to understand and just accept it, but I'm a stubborn little shit. I turned and started walking away. "Frank! Please don't go!" He yelled.

"Why? So you can lie to me again?" I snapped, turning to face him.

"I-I never lied to you... I may have avoided certain truths, but I didn't lie. And because I care about you- more about anyone than I have in a very long time. I-If you leave, I'll have no one. You'll have no one. You'll get sent to a fucking orphanage and I may never see you again! I... I couldn't handle that..." He looked at his feet to try to hide the tears welling in his eyes. "Frank... Please, don't leave..."

His bloodshot eyes locked with mine, and I felt a pang of guilt. I couldn't just leave him like this... And besides, I'd rather stay with him than at an orphanage... "Fine. I'll stay. But, you have to tell me what the hell is going on, ok?"

"I-I can't... Not right now..." He looked back to the ground, appearing to have pained himself in coming to that decision. I kept my distance, my eyes never leaving him. He looked up, "I will... But not yet..."