Chapter one...

Ok so I've never written anything on here before and this is my first story... I guess I'll see how it goes. It will primarily be in franks pov but if it changes I'll let you know.

***
Franks P.O.V.

I had just moved into New Jersey, and so far it was a big, dull, dud. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have many friends back in Ohio, but anything was better than having to start fresh at a new school. This year I'm a senior, and it's not that I mind switching schools, but fuck, it's my senior year! But I guess things change, right? Not much you can do about that. And besides, I don't totally hate it here. At least, not yet.

I'm an only child, so I listen to my parents and do whatever mindless chores they ask of me- but only to keep them off my back. What my parents don't know won't hurt them- and, let's face it, theres a lot they didn't know. For example, my nicotine addiction. I had started smoking around fourteen when I found an old pack of my dad's cigarettes tucked away in a drawer. I was careful though, I only smoked outside and I brushed my teeth directly after to get the smell of tar off me. I guess I was pretty good at sneaking things around them. That, or they're just completely oblivious to my life. But, knowing them, the latter would be far more likely.

Thoughts flooded my head as we made our way down what appeared to be a deserted old road. But, as we neared the end it took on some shape of livelihood as I glanced at a few small children playing carelessly in the street. They moved past as we drove by and I started to see more outlines of houses. Other than the few kids, we saw no other signs of life as we made our way down the street. We had finally neared the end when my father pulled in to the empty driveway of what I was assuming was our 'new' house. You could tell how old it was just by glancing at it. It just felt tired and worn- not the most welcoming of places in the slightest. I begrudgingly exited the safety of the car and took a deep breath. And then I choked. What the fuck was that god-awful stench?! I passed a questioning look to my mother who just shrugged it off and said, "Welcome to Belleville."

I followed my parents up to the large house as my dad fiddled with the key. After at least 10 minutes of struggling, we were finally let inside. I looked around in the house and noticed immediately that it had been almost completely redone- the inside was modern and up to date as opposed to what the outside of the house looked like.

I decided to go explore- and select a bedroom- while my parents started to decide on furniture and stuff. This house was much larger than our last one, and the inside was far nicer too. I went up stairs and went to the left hall way. I found the master bedroom, an extra room, a bathroom, and a storage closet. After thoroughly examining this half of upstairs, I decided to try my luck with the other side. I found two more bedrooms- each with their own attached bathroom- and what appeared to be a storage room of sorts. I picked my room (it was the one painted black) and set my backpack on the ground. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

After getting my room somewhat set-up, I decided to explore the area a bit. I left the house and began walking with no idea where the hell I was headed. I walked for what seemed like hours, until I finally found a little shopping area. It wasn't much- just a gas station, a grocery store, some Chinese food place, and, to my delight, what appeared to be a music store. With any luck, that's where most of my time here would be spent. I entered somewhat cautiously and peered through the shop. It seemed to be empty, but the sign said 'open'. Strange. I began looking through some CDs, they had misfits, black flag, iron maiden and countless other bands with great music. I was ecstatic to say the least. However that excited energy quickly turned to fear when a voice spoke right next to my ear, "Can I help you with anything?" I jumped, turned, gasped and stuttered all at the same time- who the fuck did this guy think he was? I mean, damn, was he trying to give me a heart attack?

"Who the fuck are you?" were the first words I uttered to this stranger- who actually had quite the hairdo. He was workin it. He ignored my clearly agitated voice and replied with a smile, "I'm Ray, and this is my store. And I was just wondering if their was anything I could help you with," I stood there silent for a moment before remembering this stranger- Ray- was waiting for an answer. I slowly shook my head no and he just shrugged and walked back to the desk. I left the shop fairly soon after that, my nerves getting the better of me, and went to have a smoke before heading home. I leaned against the wall on the side of the music store as I inhaled chemicals. Sometimes I thought smoking was kind of like art, it was even somewhat romantic. I suppose cigarettes were my chemical romance.

I dropped my cigarette on the ground and stamped it out, planning on heading back to the new house when something caught my eye near the edge of the trees. At first it appeared to be a person, but vanished instantly as though the wind had taken it away. Oh well. I started walking home, but after seeing that wisp at the forest, it just felt like I was being watched. Strange. It was probably just a trick of the the light anyway. Wasn't it?

***
Ok so chapter one is done! First chapter of anything I've ever written- it'd be great if you guys left some comments of advice for me since I'm still new at this. Also thoughts on the story? Idk when I'll update this again but it'll probably be soon. Ok I guess that's it.

Carry on :3 - twisted