-21 guns/pilots-

Hewwo. This title has nothing to do with the chapter.

***

After me and Gerard watched Frankenstein, neither of us really wanted to move or do anything productive. So, naturally, we both just sat on the couch and talked for a while.

"So, Frank. Tell me about your life growing up." Gerard met my gaze.

"Um, there's not really much to tell. I was born in New Jersey, and when I was around two my dad got a job in Ohio, so we moved there. I lived there up until this past year. My parents and I are Italian, as well as catholic. Growing up I had to go to private catholic school, but once I got to high school my parents let me switch to public." Gerard nodded his head, telling me to continue.

"I didn't have many friends, just the occasional acquaintance who I would say hello to. I got mainly B's and C's, and I hardly ever left my house. I started playing guitar when I was around 7- I was fascinated by it. And that only led to me spending even more time in my room. I started listening to music a lot more, hell, I even started writing music. And that's pretty much my life until I was 14." I glanced at Gerard. He seemed to be intrigued by my story, so I continued, "Once in high school, I made a few friends- Bob, Pete, Hailey, and Spencer. We hung out all the time, usually at Bob's, and smoked and drank a little bit. Eventually we got bored of that, so we just listened to music. As it turned out, Spencer could play drums, me and Pete could play guitar, Hailey could sing, and Bob, well, Bob could get weed. So we started a band called 'Pariah'. It was awesome! We rehearsed every day after school and even played a few gigs. But then Spencer decided to leave the band. We tried to make do, but it wasn't the same. After that, Hailey's mom got a job in Georgia and she had to move. Then it was just me, bob, and Pete. We broke off the band and just went back to what we were doing before, and we became really great friends. I'm glad I have those guys. After that, I moved here." I gave Gerard a satisfied sigh and leaned my head back on the couch. "Pretty boring story. What was your life growing up like?"

"Your story wasn't boring, Frank, it was actually very interesting. As for me, I'll give you a brief summery- when I was young, I had a brother named Mikey who was 4 years younger than me. I loved him to death. Everything was normal until our parents were in an... Accident. They ended up passing away. Before they did, mom told me to look after mikey, and I did. There were some close calls, but I always did what I thought would be best for Mikes. Sometimes I was wrong..." Gerard's voice cracked and he averted his gaze.

"We were put into foster care until I was a legal adult, and then I adopted Mikey. We moved out here and built this house together. I thought he was fine, happy even, but I was wrong about that too. He took his life at the age of 17. It was March 22nd, but I remember it like it was yesterday... God, I miss him so fucking much." I could see the evident tears in Gerard's eyes.

"I've lived here alone ever since, for a while I had a bit of a drinking problem, but I'm... I'm past that now. I didn't leave my home unless I needed food or booze, and after I while it was just food. And then... I met you. And you brought me back into the real world, and have helped me in more ways than you know. Thank you." He looked up at me and wiped his eyes, "And that's my story. Pretty boring, right?" He gave me a sad smile before leaning his head back on the couch. I could tell he hadn't stopped crying.

"Gerard..."

"Yes, Frank?" He didn't look at me. Instead of trying to get him to talk anymore, I scooted towards him on the couch and wrapped my arms around him. He was stiff for a second, but soon enough he gave in and wrapped his arms around me.

We sat like that for a long while before Gerard started wiggling.

"Need... Coffee.. Hngh..."

"If you want coffee, then go make some." I laughed.