21_Games

Paege

The morning sun peaked through the curtains, dancing around the room before settling intermittently on my eyelids, radiating refined warmth enough that my eyes fluttered open at its concentrated energy, and I blinked out of my sleepy daze.

I must have dozed off because, for the life of me, I couldn't recall how I'd managed to make it into the bedroom. Further to that, Danny's bedroom by the looks of it.

The man in question laid beside me, his head resting on a soft pillow.

I propped my cheek on my sandwiched palms, observing the enticing features of his chiselled jaw and full lips. Not to mention, his chest rose and fell in subtle undulations that hypnotized and drew me in.

He looked so peaceful.

Almost tempted to sate my curiosity, I extended my arm a short distance before deciding against it. The last thing I wanted to do was to wake him prematurely.

He worked so hard on any given day. The least I could do was allow the man to get a decent rest. As much as possible anyway.

I, however, ought to get a jump on completing as many tasks as the day would permit, in order to fully enjoy its upcoming festivities.

The day had finally arrived. The day Bell and I had all but anticipated, like the advent of the Christmas season.

A smile tugged on my lips as the thought occurred to me.

It'd been too long since I last enjoyed such a commemorative event. Not only that but the dance which was carded to follow. Quite frankly, I was giddy at the prospect.

It had been a while since I stayed tethered to any one place long enough to indulge in the luxury of mingling with its townsfolk.

Since my sister left, I had checked myself out, I guess. But coming to the Andrew's Ranch had opened me up again.

Manoeuvring my body carefully out of Danny's warm embrace, I was about to slip out of bed when his arm hugged me, pulling me back against his solid form.

"Leaving so soon?" Danny's warm eyes searched my face as he cupped my cheek.

He gently guided my attention to him, searching my gaze and waiting for my reply as I laid there, absolutely perplexed by his sensitivity.

"I didn't want to wake you," I revealed, earning me an amused smile as a glint entered his eyes.

"Did you really think you I'd prefer getting more sleep than waking to see you in the morning?"

I was dumbfounded by his words so much so that a blush rose on my cheeks, and he placed a light kiss on either side, obviously satisfied by my reaction.

At his confession, I buckled under the weight of temptation, tracing the angles of his jaw as my eyes danced across his face. "Well, in that case, Good morning."

"Good morning, beautiful," A sexy smirk appeared on his lips, captivating and prompting me to meet his gaze.

He inched forward, leaning in to press his soft lips against mine in a tender kiss that made my heart zap to life.

"We'd better get out of bed before my sister takes the doors off its hinges while searching for you in anticipation of the day ahead."

"That would be wise," I chuckled, nuzzling the tip of his nose.

He removed his arm from around me, propping himself up on the bed by his elbows and I instantly felt the cold seeping in, in his absence.

Instinctively, my eyes appraised his form, giving him a good once over.