2_The Garden of Florettes Bed n' Breakfast Inn

Paege

"Come on, Princess," I held out an apple to her, in an attempt to get her to roll over. 

It was one of the many things she did daily. 

One of her many talents.

Princess, a notable member of the Savannah Trotters club, neighed as I positioned my hand bearing the apple under her mouth. 

Finally, she dipped her head to take the treat.

Shortly after eating the apple, she proceeded to roll over, gathering gasps of awe and applause from onlookers.

I tapped my hand twice, on my right thigh, prompting her. 

One of the many secret gestures, between us. 

One of many, I had taught her.

That particular suggestion would get her to bow for me, and so said so done.  

The tricks I taught her were easy to learn because I made them fun for her.

Another overwhelming round of applause erupted from the crowd. 

She approached me, nudging my hand with her head and I obliged her petting her beautiful skin. 

She was an excellent student and a great friend.

I had only been allotted two measly months to train her, and we grew very close. 

I was pleased that she had shown herself as the star I knew she'd be.

After the showcase, her fans gathered around in a circle, but not too close so as not to spook her.

A little girl about seven or so tugged on her mother's arm pulling her in our direction. 

I beckoned them on, and soon they were beside me, though a bit tentative on the mother's part.

I gave the little girl an apple, and she tentatively gestured it out to Princess, who neighed, making her instinctively retract her hand a little.

When she regained her composure, the little girl held her hand out again, and Princess dipped her head accepting the apple.

While Princess ate, the girl released her mother's hand and began petting her on the head. 

Princess neighed again, making the little girl pause but recover quickly, while she continued to eat.

The girl smiled, more confidence and running her hand gently on Princess' nose.

That was always the highlight of my day. 

See those who feared horses come to appreciate them and vice versa.

It was always nice to see fear be replaced by enthusiasm, friendliness, compassion and patience. 

Fear of horses built walls that I hoped to remove one destination at a time.

Its entire beauty, I thought, needed to been viewed and appreciated by the world. 

One leap of faith, to save many of their lives. 

That's how I fell in love with their kind and gentle spirit, after all.

Princess followed the path I lead to her stall in elegance, as she always did while I held unto her reins. 

I loved my job and why wouldn't I?  

The tasks made sure that there was never a dull moment.