3_That ... was HER?

Danny

It was almost midday.

Usually the time the Ranch would be buzzing with activity, but that was not the case.

The place seemed deserted, like a ghost town.

Like a twister had touched down and taken my employees with it.

I could hear myself think and that wasn't a regular occurrence, I kid you not.

My farmhands were rowdy and boisterous, in all undertakings.

They could make anyone appreciate the silence.

They knew better than to let their fooling around interfere with their tasks.

The last guy who didn't catch on didn't last too long around here.

Something was up.

It was way too quiet around here for my liking.

Where the heck was everyone, darn it?

Not even Bell was around which made me a bit concerned.

As I made my way to the porch, laughter caught my ear.

Finally, some sign of life on this land.

Nearing the source, I struggled to keep the reins on my temper which was nearing an all-time high. Fighting, to have its way. 

I tried my best to keep it in check, though that was easier said than done.

The door to the barn stood ajar and another string of laughs escaped before I finally set foot inside.

A crowd formed at the bench near the door of the barn.

What the heck was going on?

Surging forward, my temper seemingly won this round, finally presenting itself.

Who let her in here darn it?

I didn't allow visitors on my family property unless it was family or a close friend.

But alas, there sat a stranger.

"What the hell is going on here?" The laughter faded and the room became soundless.

Everyone looked at me.

"Boss!" A.J gasped.

Like the smart man, he was A.J was out of here within seconds.

"Can someone-anyone-tell me why you're not completing your tasks as we speak?" Anger evident in my tone, what remained of my farmhands began to file out of the barn.

My eyes settled on the strange woman near my sister.

"Bell, what the hell is this stranger doing in the barn, or on the property for that matter?" Bell glared at me but as if she was trying to get something across.

"Easy there Danny, you don't have to bark at me gees if-"

"-You know we don't let strangers unto the property," She could have been harmed.

At least, she was smart enough to stay close to the men.

"I'll just leave," The young woman muttered to herself.

"Excuse me?"

"Gees Danny if you would just-"

"-No let her speak," I interrupted.