Chapter One

1993
My breaths have became harder and forced in the past few weeks. Not sure if its from chain smoking or the amount of panic attacks I've experienced. "Whatever, it doesn't even matter anymore, nothing does." I thought to myself as I took a last drag off my cigarette before putting it out and going inside. I took off my jacket and flipped on the t.v. "And now, coming at you at number one on the charts, its Nirvana with Smells Like Teen Spirit!" The television really knew how to poke my nerves. I picked up a shoe that was laying in the floor and chucked it at the screen. "Go screw yourself MTV." I mumbled as I turned it off and walked into the bathroom. I took a look at myself in the mirror. A mess. Large bags had formed under my eyes and I was turning to skin and bones. My long, wavy mess of brown hair was looking thin. My large green eyes looked stranger than normal, and my pink, plump lips were cracked and dry. "Good job, Jade. You're getting uglier by the minute. " I said as I sighed and flipped off the light. At that same moment I heard a little cry coming from the room down the hall. I smiled a little. My daughter, the only thing worth living for these days. I walked in to see her breath taking blue eyes staring at me. Those eyes saved me and pierced my soul with pain all at the same time every time i looked into them. Baby Frances had the eyes of her father, an exact copy. And the thought of her father, it made me want to die.
1989
Aberdeen, Washington. Ah, what an interesting, fun filled place full of joys. Not. I've only been here one month but it isn't hard to tell that this is the most boring place on earth. My mother got a new job opportunity, so she sent us packing for the millionth time in the past year. I'm not really sure where home is at anymore. Its constantly changing. 'At least today is Saturday and I don't have to sit in the hell hole that they call school.' I thought to myself as I got out of the shower. I went through my closet and grabbed some torn jeans and my worn out Scratch Acid shirt. My naturally wavy hair didn't need much fixing and I applied some mascara and deep red lipstick, they really made my weird eyes pop. I had heard that there are some pretty good local bands playing at a bar down the street, and I decided to go check them out since I haven't been out of the house to have any "fun" since we moved. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. It was spring and the air was nice. I grabbed a cigarette out of my bag and lit it up, inhaling the chemicals. The bar was about four blocks away, and I didn't mind the walk, I needed it. When I arrived at my destination, it actually looked kinda crowded, which was sorta a shocker considering how small of a town Aberdeen is. I chose a seat towards the back at a small table. Even though I was going out, I didn't wanna be bothered. i keep to myself and aren't exactly a people person. I just wanted to hear some good, live music for once. The first band came on, and they were decent but not anything I would typically listen to. They didn't play very many songs and then the next band came on. The bass player was extremely tall, the drummer was a guy I had actually sorta made friends with at the record store about a week ago, and there was no sight of a singer or guitar player. Apparently he was late. Five more minutes passed and a guy with shoulder length, dirty blonde hair walked on stage. 'He seems cute.' I thought to myself. 'Wait, what? Shut up, Jade. Don't be ridiculous.' I snapped myself out of it and remembered i came here to listen to music. "Um, hey. I'm late and we're Ted, Ed, Fred. I hope you like our music." The blonde singer said with a shy, calming, yet husky voice. His voice was very interesting. They started to play a song and they were pretty damn sweet. Their music was just my style, and something about them told me they were gonna make it big one day. They played about ten songs before the singer ran and jumped straight into the drum set. Pieces and parts of drums flew everywhere. 'Holy shit, I guess their show is over now.' I thought to myself as I chuckled. The bass player flipped the bird to the audience and burped into the microphone before they walked off stage. I laughed. I would definitely be back to see these guys play again.