Chapter Eighteen

About a month later, Kurt was out of rehab and the guys were about to release their new album, "Nevermind". There was supposed to be an album release party the week after the album hit the shelves and I could not be more proud of Kurt. He was doing so great and in such good spirits with everything. The new album, the baby, getting out of rehab. Everything seemed to be going smooth in our lives for once.
A week passed and everything happened so fast. Their single "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was number one on the charts and the band was suddenly huge. It was a lot to take on and process. The night before the release party, Kurt and I were laying in bed listening to records. "I can't wait to show you off tomorrow." He smiled and pulled me close to him. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Kurt, its kinda nerve racking. I mean how many people are gonna be there?" I asked him. "I'm not really sure, but I do know that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about us. And if someone doesn't like you, then I fucking hate them." He smirked. "Yeah, you're right." I sighed. 'What the hell am I going to wear?' I thought to myself in my head. I was about five months pregnant at this point and it was definitely showing. I decided not to stess about it and that I would figure it out tomorrow.
I awoke to banging on our front door. I looked at Kurt who was still sound asleep. "Kurt, babe someone is banging on our door." I mumbled as I kissed his head. "Ughhh, tell them to go away." Kurt moaned, rolling over. I giggled. He was definitely not a morning person. "Okay then." I said as I got up from bed. "Wait, what?! No, Jade don't do that. They could be a murderer. You stay put!" He said seriously after he realized what was going on and sat me back down on the bed before leaving the room. I listened as the door opened. "What're you fuckers still in bed for?! Its time to partyyy!" Dave's voice echoed from across the house. "Guys, Jade is pregnant remember? No drinking for her. So there's really no "partying", but you guys are more than welcome to come in." Kurt said as I heard the door shut. 'What time is it?' I asked myself in my head. I looked at the clock at it read 2:45. "Fuck! How the hell did we sleep all day?" I asked Kurt as he walked back into our room. He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. "I need to start getting ready since we have to be there at 4:30, I don't even know what I'm wearing yet." I panicked as I hurried and went to the closet. I tossed everything that I knew I didn't wanna wear onto the floor until I came across a black, slim fitting tube dress. The length was a little above my knees and it was one of my favorite dresses. I realized Kurt has never seen me wear it before and I decided it was the one. I slipped it on and sure enough, it fit perfectly over my growing baby belly. I put on my makeup and took a little more time than usual. I went for some slight eyeliner, lots of mascara and deep red lipstick. I never did anything with my hair so I decided to give it a little extra wave with the curling iron. 'Fuck, what shoes do I wear? I'm five months pregnant and heels would kill me to walk in.' I started to freak out. Then, I remembered what Kurt said. 'Fuck what people think.' I heard his voice in my mind and smiled as I looked at my doc marten boots. I decided to just be myself and slipped on the boots. I sighed and looked in the mirror. It actually looked perfect. I smiled and took a deep breath as I walked into the living room to the guys.
"Oh. My. God." Shelli said as her jaw dropped. "Jade." Kurt gasped. "You're perfect, so beautiful." He whispered as he took my hand. Krist whistled, jokingly and Kurt nudged him in the arm and smiled. Kurt was just wearing ripped jeans and a shirt layered with a flannel, nothing special but I loved it. "Well, you guys ready?" Dave asked. We nodded and headed out the door.