Chapter Three

The next morning I woke up with Kurt on my mind. I had to see him again. It was like he was a drug and I felt sick being being away from him. But, what was I thinking? I barely knew him. In fact, I didn't know him at all but I felt as if I had known him forever. I decided to take a walk to the music store. It was chilly and raining outside so I wore a flannel and some ripped leggings. I hummed some songs to myself on the way there, kicking little pebbles on the sidewalk. A little bird flew very quickly in front of my face. 'I wonder what birds think. I wonder what it'd be like to live in a tree.' I thought to myself. My over active mind was annoying sometimes, especially when I try to fall asleep at night. I finally arrived at my destination and walked in to see a a skinny guy with blonde, shoulder length hair, facing the wall towards the back. 'Kurt.' My heart rate went up and I got dizzy. I told myself to breathe and tried to compose myself. I looked at some records when I heard the most obnoxious, girly, fake laugh I had ever heard. I looked up to see a girl with red hair standing next to Kurt, laughing hysterically at probably something funny he said. My heart sunk. I tried to distract myself and walked over to some more records. Before I could think another stupid thought, or read another lame record title, I tripped over some wire that was laying across the floor. A whole section of records collapsed as I fell and it made a loud crash. 'Oh my god, Jade. You stupid, fucking idiot. ' I thought to myself as my eyes got teary with anger. "Jade! Are you alright?" Kurt hurried over to me and helped me up. "Physically, yes. Mentally, no." I replied. 'Did I really just say that out loud? Great.' I felt a callused thumb touch my face, which felt wet. I didn't even realize I had shed a few tears. I looked at Kurt and he looked very concerned and serious. He held up his hand and a tiny teardrop rested on his thumb. "See this? Its gone, no more crying. You're too brilliant to be sad, Jade." Kurt said. My heart melted with those words. 'He thought I was brilliant? ' "Your song you made up, its great. " He said, smiling. "Thank you, Kurt. That means a lot. " I blushed. I just happened to glance over at the red head who was standing in the back. She looked pissed. "Um, Kurt, I guess I'll let you get back to your girlfriend. Sorry I disturbed you two." I looked down at the ground. Then, I heard the cutest, most unusual laugh I had ever heard. Kurt was cracking up. "Holy shit, Jade. That's a good one. My girlfriend? Please, I couldn't even be her friend. She's just a girl who likes me and the band a little too much. And not for our music either. She tries to flirt to bum beer and cigarettes off of us, which never works. I don't know when she'll get the hint already. She's the fakest girl in this here town. " Kurt said the last part with a funny, redneck accent. It made me laugh, like actually laugh for the first time in what felt like forever. Kurt and I talked for hours, it was all so natural with him and it was the weirdest thing I had ever felt. "Did you walk here?" Kurt asked. "Yeah, actually me and my mom haven't been getting along the best lately, so I came here to escape for awhile. " I sighed. "Well, i'm about to head over to Krist's place for band practice. You're more than welcome to join me. " He smiled a kind smile. I couldn't say no, and nor did I want to. I was officially hooked on Kurt and I couldn't deny it.