Chapter Fifty Seven

"Play that again." I told Kurt, who was sitting on the floor with his back against the large glass windows of a cabin. The fog on the forest floor slowly creeped its way across the ground, rain gently tapping against the wooden porch as Kurt exhaled smoke from the cigarette he was holding in between his fingers.
Kurt had brought us out into the woods to a cabin that we now owned, away from everything else for a few days, I was loving it, and I could tell he was too. It was nice to escape the limelight, away from our house in Seattle, away from the magazines and rumours and hysteria.
"Why?" He smirked, bringing his gaze to look me in the eyes.
"Because it was beautiful. C'mon, I wanna hear it again. Please, Kurt?"
I pouted a bit, knowing exactly what I was doing.
Kurt sighed in defeat, a slight smirk still playing on his face.
"Okay, Mrs. Cobain. You know I can't resist that face." He gave me a slightly evil look and flipped me off.
I giggled at his sarcasm, and crawled across the floor to be closer to him.
I watched him thoughtfully stare off into space in awe.
God, he was beautiful.
His long blonde hair fell against the sides of his face, his blue eyes gleaming in a state of thought.
I suddenly wondered what it would be like to get inside the mind of this beautiful man.
And I suddenly wondered how I had become so lucky to be his wife.
He began strumming once more, bringing nothing less than pure satisfaction to my ears.
The song he was playing, I had known to be called "Burn the Rain", and it sent chills up my spine.
His voice always brought electricity into my veins.
I slid into his lap after seeing him set down his guitar, and buried my face against the nape of his neck.
He smelled so good, like honey and earth. I wanted to drown myself in Kurt, and never come up for air.
The kisses I was now trailing down his neck sent a shiver through him.
"If you keep doing that, you aren't going to be wearing any clothes in a minute." He told me, a grin in his voice.
I paused for a moment to look him in the eyes.
"Then I guess I better keep going then, shouldn't I?" I whispered, slowly leaning in to kiss him and nibble on his bottom lip.
"Oh fuck.." He sighed, grasping my hips firmly as I sat straddled across his lap.
"Jade, you drive me crazy. Do you know that? So fucking crazy." His voice was slightly shaky and out of breath as his heart rate increased.
His large, warm hands running across my body left me feeling like I couldn't wait a second longer to be skin to skin with him.
My clothes were on the floor in seconds as we rolled across the large bed, gripping each other tightly.
Kurt suddenly took me by surprise and pinned my arms down above my head as he chewed on my neck.
Chills erupted across my skin as I felt him slowly push himself into me.
"Kurt.." I whimpered, breathlessly as I clawed at his skin.
He looked down at me with his pair of electric blue eyes and smirked.
"You like that, baby?" He said, seductively, sending me into a fit of moans as his pace increased.
Making love with Kurt was one of the greatest feelings I could ever imagine.
Not only were our bodies combined but so were our souls.
We spent hours in bed, intertwined and totally satisfied with just being with one another.
Kurt was smoking a cigarette, looking out at the rain as my head rested on his chest.
He suddenly reached over to the table beside our bed, and grabbed a bottle of wine.
"Let's drink." He smirked, popping the cork and letting out a chuckle as some of it exploded onto us.
An hour later, Kurt and I were laughing our asses off as we drunkenly wrestled with each other.
Kurt turned on a Velvet Underground record, turning it up as loud as it would go.
"C'mon." He smirked, grabbing my hand.
I held onto his arm as he led us to wherever he was thinking, stumbling over my own feet a bit as I was lost in a slight drunk haze.
It was pouring rain, and I was confused when I saw that he was leading us outside, straight into the downpour.
My bare feet hit the wet wood of the porch, and it actually felt nice.
The song "Venus in Furs" boomed loudly from inside, soundwaves seeping through the door he had left open.
Kurt spun me around in the rain as we laughed and swayed crazily to the music.
We eventually ended up on the ground, rain pounding down over us as we laughed hysterically at the mess we had become.
"I love you, Kurt." I smiled, admiring how gorgeous and radiant he looked in that moment.
"And I love you." He smiled.
I rested my chin against his chest, stroking his soaking wet hair away from his eyes as something caught my attention.
Something was moving around in the grass next to the porch we were on, and I smiled when i realized what it was.
"Check it out, Kurt. There's a turtle."
I grinned, pointing to the grass next to us.
His eyes lit up a bit as he quickly looked to see for himself.
He actually got up, and went to sit in the wet grass with it.
"I really miss having turtles, ya know."
He told me, reminding me of a little boy wanting a pet at the pet store.
He observed it for a moment, and smiled up at me.
"I feel really happy." He told me.
My heart sank straight to the wet ground as I couldn't wipe the grin off my face.
Those gorgeous blue eyes of his were lit up like two little lights.
That. That was all I wanted.
Kurt was happy.