Chapter Thirty Nine

"I can't believe our baby is turning one next week. It makes me so sad how fast she's growing up." I said as I walked through the house in nothing but one of Kurt's flannels and some underwear. "Don't remind me." Kurt said as he kissed Frances's forehead. "The VMA's are in two days. You showing up?" I asked him as I sat down next to him. "Not without you and Frances." He replied, kissing my cheek. "I'll have to find something to wear. But, of course we'll go with daddy, won't we?" I smiled as I lifted her up in the air. "You can just wear that. I've always loved how you look in nothing but my shirts." Kurt winked. I laughed. "Okay, Kurt. Let the whole world see me half naked?" I said as his face dropped a little. "No, don't wear that, you're mine!" He replied, smiling as he wrapped his arms around me. "Lets go look through the closet and I'll help you find something?" He asked. I nodded and followed him upstairs. Just as he was about to open the closet doors, I stopped him. "Wait a second, Cobain. My wedding dress is in there." I said, grabbing his hand. "Exactly." He smirked and tried to open it again. "I don't think so, Kurt! You can't see it till i'm walking down the aisle to marry your sneaky ass!" I laughed. "Oh, c'mon Jade! Pleaseeee?" He said, making a puppy face. "No way, Kurt! Its bad luck! We don't need bad luck. Besides, I want you to be surprised when you see me in it." I said, seriously. He nodded and finally agreed. "I'm sure I'll find something to wear. I'll have to find Frances something cute." I said as Kurt wrapped his arms around me. "You'll both be the most beautiful girls there, no matter what you're wearing." He smiled, looking me in the eyes. We decided to take Frances to the zoo and I threw on one of Kurt's t-shirt's and some ripped jeans. It took us about thirty minutes to get there and Frances clapped and squealed the whole ride there after we told her we were taking her to see animals. We made sure the zoo was cruelty free, and only had animals who needed help or were hurt, and would later release them back into the wild if able. Once we were inside of the zoo, we stopped to see the elephants first. "Look Frances, elephants!" I pointed at them as Kurt held her. She kept saying "Phant!" and clapping excitedly. "Oh my god, are you Kurt Cobain?" I heard a voice say. We turned around to see a teenage girl with bright, excited eyes standing behind us nervously. "Yeah, I am actually." Kurt replied, smiling kindly. "Oh my god, wow. Um, can I have your autograph?" She stuttered as her face began to turn red. "Sure." Kurt smiled and signed a piece of paper for her. "I love your music so much. And you have a really beautiful family. Jade, you're so pretty. And Frances is adorable, she looks exactly like you." The girl said nervously. "Thank you very much, and she's definitely a daddy's girl." I smiled. "Kurt, I just remembered. I still need to call Debbie and let her know how things are going. I completely forgot. Remind me when we get home, kay?" I told him as the girl began walking away. "My mom's name is Debbie! She works at the rehab facility!" The girl said, nervously. "No way, I think we're talking about the same Debbie then. Your mom has been so sweet to us. If it weren't for her, Kurt wouldn't have got to come with me to find out the gender of our child. It meant so much to us." I smiled. It was such a small world. Now that I knew it was Debbie's daughter, she did look like her. "What's your name, honey?" I asked as she smiled from ear to ear. "Jessica! I can't believe this, this is so cool! It was so nice meeting you guys, but I have to get back to work now. I actually work here." She said, slowly walking away, still facing us. "It was nice meeting you too. I'll be giving your mom a call later." I said, smiling and waving bye. "Wow, that was weird. Small world." Kurt said, slightly smiling. "Definitely." I smiled as we made our way to see the monkeys. It was so nice spending the day out with the two loves of my life. Frances loved the animals and everytime she grinned and squiled over them, it melted my heart. "We gotta do this more often, she's loving this, Kurt." I said, smiling. Kurt looked really happy too. For the first time in awhile, my heart felt whole and I felt hope.