Chapter Forty Five

Three days passed. Debbie's daughter improved slightly, but was still very sick. Kurt seemed to be doing great, for now. "I'm just focusing on getting out of this place and being with the loves of my life." He said, putting his guitar down and picking up Frances. "If all goes as planned, I could be out in three more weeks." He said, slightly smiling. "And stay out?" I mumbled. "What do you think I'm fucking doing, Jade? Staying in here for no reason, just to end up right back here where I am? Huh?" He said, angrily. I had never seen Kurt act so mean before. My heart sank straight to my stomach. "Kurt..I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to make you upset." I whispered with a red face. Kurt was clenching his jaw and staring at the wall. He sat Frances in my lap and got up, walking into the bathroom and slamming the door. Frances looked up at me with confusion in her eyes. I didn't know what to do or say. So, I picked up the guitar and began to play. I could feel the hot tears streaming down my face, but I tried to ignore them. I was in the middle of a song, when Kurt walked out of the bathroom. "I'm sorry, Jade. I didn't mean to snap like that." He whispered, holding his head down like an ashamed puppy. "Its okay.." I mumbled, sitting the guitar down and wiping the tears away. "No!! Its not okay!!" He yelled. Frances's bottom lip quivered and she started to cry. My heart sank. I picked her up and cradled her against my chest, eyeing Kurt, who looked like he was gonna collapse. "Frances, no no. Shhhh. Daddy didn't mean to yell like that, I'm sorry. C'mere." He said, lifting her up, but she screamed louder. I grabbed her. "Kurt, I'm gonna take her home for today. I'll bring her back tomorrow. Okay? I love you.." I whispered, my voice shaking. I slipped out the door without looking back. I couldn't bear seeing Kurt standing there looking like he just broke. I knew he was crying. I knew he didn't mean any of that and was just irritable. But, I had to get Frances away until she calmed down and forgot about it. Until me and Kurt could talk in peace with each other. I hoped that Kurt knew why I left. My stomach churched as I buckled her in her carseat. "Frances.." I mumbled, trying not to crying. "Daddy just got upset, okay? He didn't mean to yell and scare you. He loves you so much, Bean. So much." I said, stroking her hair and wiping the little tears from her mini Kurt eyes. Even if she couldn't really understand what I was saying, I had to let her know. Kurt was allowed two phone calls a day, and I'd have to check on him later. I hated leaving him behind, upset like that. I was suddenly hit with a massive headache as we pulled into the driveway. I put Frances down for a nap after I played her a song and decided to lay down myself for a minute. This pregnancy was really starting to take a toll on me. I felt myself dosing off when an intense pain appeared in my stomach. I quickly sat up, wincing in pain. "Ow, what the fuck?" I mumbled to myself as I stood myself up to see if it'd go away. The only thing it helped was causing nausea and the sudden urge to puke my guts out. I made it to the bathroom as fast as I could and puked into the toilet. The pain became more intense and I was really starting to worry. I stood up from the bathroom floor and became dizzy from the sight I witnessed. A puddle of blood was on the floor, and I suddenly noticed my pants felt wet. "No..no" I whispered as I tried to make my way the phone. With trembling hands, I picked it up and called Shelli. "Sup bitch?" She answered, cheerfully. "Shell.." I mumbled. "Jade, what's wrong??" She asked, concerned. "I-I need to go to the hospital.." I cried, clutching my stomach. "Oh my god. Okay. Jade, stay calm. I'm on my way. Breathe, okay? You're alright. I'm coming." She said, paniced before hanging up. I dropped the phone and fell over on my side in mine and Kurt's bed. The pain was excruciating. But, the pain of not having him there beside me through this hurt like hell too. I screamed into a pillow until everything went blurry.