Chapter Thirteen

A month later, Kurt was in rehab and I came to visit him as much as I was allowed to. He seemed in somewhat good spirits when I saw him, minus being cranky from withdraw symptoms. One morning, I woke up early so I could stop and eat breakfast with Shelli before going to see Kurt. I rolled out of bed and felt super light headed. Then, nausea hit me. I threw up into the toilet about five times total. I was starting to feel a little better afterwards and was actually getting hungry. So, I threw on a pair of dark grey leggings and one of Kurt's tee shirts with my combat boots, applied some dark red lipstick and mascara and was out the door to go meet Shelli. "God, I am so fucking hungry. Chocolate chip pancakes sound like heaven." I told Shelli as I drooled over the menu at the local pancake house. She laughed. "Damn Jade, I never hear you get excited over food like this. Aren't pregnant are you? Kurt forget to wrap it up?" She joked as she poked my arm. A lump appeared in my throat. "Shelli, I threw up this morning." I spat out, frantically. "Um, what?!" She exclaimed. "Five times." I mumbled as I stared off into space. "And now you're craving chocolate chip pancakes so bad that you look like you could eat the picture on the menu? Uh, yeah. Pancakes can wait, we're going to the store. " Shelli said as she grabbed my arm and hurried out the door. I wasn't hungry anymore anyway. Just scared shitless. My eyes scanned the multiple boxes of pregnancy tests sitting on the shelves at the store. I didn't have the slightest clue of which one to get. So, Shelli took control and picked three out. I looked at her, confused. "Just to be sure." She smiled and I nodded. The drive back to Kurt and I's house was torture. It seemed like we hit every red light and I couldn't get there fast enough. We finally arrived and I ran inside, straight to the bathroom. "I'll be right out here if you need me." Shelli hugged me and I took a deep breath before peeing on the first stick. I waited three minutes afterwards like the instructions said. 'Okay Jade, just breathe.' I told myself. I sighed as I looked at thr test. A little pink line appeared. "Oh my god." I said as I sunk to the floor. "Fuck, fuck fuck. He won't want this." I said over and over, crying. There was a knock on the door. "Jade, you alright in there?" Shelli asked, concerned. I almost forgot she was there. I opened the door and let her in. "So?" She asked ad she arched her eyebrow. I handed her the test. She sqealed and jumped up and down before pulling me into a hug. "Oh my god! A baby! You guys are having a baby!" She was so excited that it was ridiculous. "Shelli, get real here. He's addicted to heroin and we're having a child. This is not a good thing. Kurt is going to be so scared and upset. He isn't ready for a baby. I know he isn't! " I started to cry. 'What if he leaves me? Us?' I thought to myself as I cried harder and looked at my stomach. Now that I knew I was pregnant, I noticed a slight little buldge right in the center. "Jade, calm down. Kurt will be so excited, I know he will." She assured me as she gave me a hug. "Yeah, right." I mumbled. I told Shelli I would call her later to let her know how breaking the news to Kurt went.