Chapter Ten

We all met up at Krist's house the next morning. "Oh my god, Jade. Can you believe we're going to California?" Shelli, Krist's girlfriend squealed as she jumped up and down. Shelli and I have became very close in the past few months. It was so nice to have a girl around to talk about things with. We packed our things into the van before heading off to the airport. Krist tried to get us all to sing Kumbaya on the way and it sounded like a bunch of dying cats as he purposely sang off tune. We arrived at the airport and Kurt took my hand. I was a little nervous about what the next two months would bring. But, I knew everything would be alright with Kurt by my side. Kurt insisted that I have window seat on the plane, and Krist, Shelli and Chad sat in the three seats in front of us. Kurt made me laugh a little too loud and Krist swung his head around to look at us. "Alright you two, you best calm down before I kick you off this here plane! You rowdy kids!" He said in his best southern accent. "Gee, I'm sorry sir. I best be calmin down. Don't wanna be kicked off now. Especially if it means I'll get this here purdy lady in trouble." Kurt said, nudging me. At this point I was cracking up. These boys could make me laugh so easily. It felt like we were a family. Like I had found my true place in life with the right people. The plane ride went by fast. Kurt rested his head on my shoulder as we looked down at the pink, cotton candy clouds through the window. We soon arrived at our hotel before I knew it. "Pillow fight!" Krist yelled as he threw a pillow at Shelli's face. She picked it up and started beating him with it. He squealed like a girl and placed his hand over his heart. "I'm so hurt that you would do such a thing, Shelli! Oh my god!" He said in his best girly voice. Kurt and I watched and laughed in amusement. "Alright, I'm getting drunk. "Krist said as he dropped the pillow he was holding. "Shocker!" I said, rolling my eyes and laughing. "You best watch that mouth of yours, young lady!" He said as he took Shelli's hand and opened the door. "Krist, 6:00! Do not be late! We can't fuck this up man." Kurt reminded him. He nodded and they walked out the door.  Kurt had a worried expression on his face as we sat out on the patio and smoked. "Kurt, are you alright?" I asked, concerned.  "Yeah, I just don't wanna fuck this up. We've came so far. " He said as he took anothet drag. I rubbed the back of his neck. "You guys are gonna kick ass, don't even worry about it. " I smiled reassuringly to him and he slightly smirked and kissed my forehead. "I'm really glad I have you here with me, Jade. It makes it more comfortable." He said, pulling me into his lap. A few hours later it was show time. Shelli and I wished them good luck and took our places on the side stage so we could watch. The crowd went wild as the boys played and I could tell they were loving it. When the show ended, I bear hugged Kurt and told him how proud I was. I've never seen him so happy before.