Chapter Eight

I awoke the next morning to see Kurt still sleeping peacfully beside me. The morning sunlight from the window was beaming in on his face, this made him look so angelic. I couldn't help but lean down and kiss him softly on the cheek. A slight smirk appeared on his face and he opened his bright, ocean blue eyes. "Faker!" I joked as I nudged his arm. "How long have you been awake?" I asked him. "Not too long. I just didn't wanna wake you." He smiled as he moved a piece of hair out of my face. "Jade, thank you. For last night. You really know how to calm someone down. Your voice is beautiful. Now you'll HAVE to sing with me. No ifs, ands, or buts!" He said as he smiled and hugged me close to him. Kurt's eyes lit up as we talked about music for a minute. I used his shower to freshen up before he dropped me off at my house. I at least needed to look clean and decent if I was going to convince my mom that I didn't get into any trouble. "I'm going to be dead when I walk into that house." I told Kurt as I looked out the window of his car as we pulled into my driveway. He put his hand on my face. "Jade, just relax. Remember, if anything happens, I'll be here. I'm gonna go play some music under the bridge. You can find me there." He kissed my forehead. "Kurt, I love you." I said as I grabbed his face and kissed him softly. "I love you too." He smiled a little and wished me luck as I stepped out of the car.  I took a deep breath and walked towards my house. I could feel Kurt staring at me. So, I turned around to see his striking blue eyes looking at me like I was the most amazing thing he had ever seen.  I smiled and blew him a kiss. He pretended to catch it and planted it on his cheek. I laughed and shook my head. I had fallen in love in such a short period of time, but that must mean it had to be something very special. I opened the door to my house to find my mom sitting at the kitchen table. "Who is he?" She asked, sternly. "His name is Kurt. " I replied, getting something to drink out of the fridge. "Cobain? Jade, he is nothing but trouble. He dropped out of high school, you are not to see or speak to him again. Do you hear me?" Her voice was becoming angry. "Yeah mom, I do hear you. I always hear you, but i'm not going to listen. You can't stop me from seeing Kurt, mom. I'm sorry. He's such a good guy, you don't know him!" I replied, holding back my anger. "I know him well enough to know I do not want my daughter around him, now either you agree to stop seeing him and act like the good girl that you are, or you are not living here anymore. Do you hear me?! I will not tolerate this!!" She began to yell. "Okay, fine. Have it your way then. I'll leave. Just give me a few days to get my things." I said as a shocked look appeared on her face. I ran upstairs and grabbed my most important belongings and as many clothes as I could. I would be back tomorrow to get what was left. I ran downstairs to see my mom crying. "Mom, I love you. But, I also love Kurt. And its unfair for you to separate us. So, this is what has to be done I guess. I'll be back tomorrow to get the rest of my things. Please don't cry. " I choked out as I ran out the door. I ran as fast as I could. Tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't get to Kurt fast enough. The backpack full of my things was heavy but it didn't slow me down. I heard the sound of a guitar and the perfect voice of my Kurt growing closer in the distance and I ran faster. He was sitting under the bridge singing and playing his heart out. I stopped running. Seeing him from a distance was already calming me down. He must've heard me walking because he looked up at me. "Jade?" He said, concerned. "Kurt. " I ran to him and he embraced me in his arms. "Shhh, shhh. Hey. What happened?" He asked softly as he rubbed my back. "She told me I couldn't see you anymore. To either stop talking to you or I couldn't live there anymore. So I left, i'm not losing you. " I cried into Kurt's chest. A few minutes passed and I finally calmed down. Kurt convinced me that my mom wouldn't stay mad at me.  And he was right.  She would eventually get over it. Kurt even said he would try to change her opinion of him. We drove back to Kurt's house to drop off my stuff since I would be staying there with him. As soon as we walked in the door, the phone rang. "Hello? Oh, hey Krist. What? Holy fuck, no way! Okay, I'll be right over." Kurt had the strangest expression on his face as he hung up the phone. "Kurt, what's going on? Something wrong?" I asked. "Jade, Krist just told me that our manager has booked us for tour. A small one, but its something. " Kurt smiled.  I hugged him and told him I was proud, and we headed over to Krist's house.