Chapter Six

The next morning, I heard a rock hit my bedroom window. I smiled. I knew exactly who it was. I walked over to my window to see a smiling Kurt standing there, holding a handful of pebbles. 'God, he's so fucking perfect.' I thought to myself. I grinned and stuck my tongue out at him through the window. He laughed. I opened up the window after a good minute of trying. It was pretty old and rusted. "I'll be down there in a minute, my alien friend." I smiled down at Kurt. "Take your time, hurry up, choice is yours, don't be late." He grinned. "Song lyrics again, Kurt?" I asked, grinning. "You betcha, buttercup." He winked and we both cracked up. I smiled and rolled my eyes before closing the window. I quickly got ready and headed downstairs to open the door for Kurt. "So whatcha wanna do today?" I asked him, happily. "Well, you said you paint right? Well I was gonna take you to my place and show you some of my art. And I have practice later, but the rest is your call." He smiled. "Take me to get ice cream? Pleaseeee Kurt?" I made my best puppy face and giggled. Kurt laughed. "Now how on earth is it even possible to say no to that face?" He pinched my cheeks like an old lady would do to a small child. "Kurt!" I laughed. He shook his head and smiled as he opened the car door for me. Before I knew it, we pulled into the driveway of a small house. It actually sorta looked like a shack. "Its a piece of shit, and you'll have to excuse the mess. " Kurt smiled a little as we got out of the car. When we stepped into his home, the first thing I noticed was art. Art was everywhere. The walls, the floor, hanging from the ceiling. Words were spray painted all over the walls. Baby doll parts with things glued to them were scattered everywhere. There was a bath tub in the middle of the living room full of turtles. Live turtles.  Kurt also had a pet rat. He was right, the place was a shithole. But, it was the best shithole I had ever seen. I felt so safe there, so comfortable and at home. "Kurt, your artwork is incredible." I said, admiring the paintings everywhere. "Thanks, there's some over there in that corner too." He said as he fed his turtles. "I love it. Its so unique. I could look at all these forever. "I said as I skimmed the walls of all his art. Kurt was standing next to me, looking straight at me. "Your eyes are weird, I like them. " Kurt said smiling. I blushed. "Don't even get me started about how much I like your eyes, Mr. Cobain. " I laughed and nudged him in the arm. He smiled and turned away to look at his rat. "What's his name?" I asked him, curiously. "He doesn't have one yet. He was a house mouse and I decided to keep him as a pet. " Kurt said as the rat ran and hid underneath the couch. I kept looking at the endless amounts of art until I suddenly felt a hand softly touch my face and brushed a hair away. I looked at Kurt. He was inches away from me and his eyes looked serious and so so blue. I began to feel light headed. "Jade. I just. I. " And then, he kissed me. My legs felt like jello and it felt like electricity had been shot through my entire body. He kissed me very gently, but I tangled my fingers in his blonde hair and kissed him a little harder. He pulled away. His eyes didn't even look real. "I'm sorry, i shouldn't of-" I cut him off. "No Kurt, there is not a thing to be sorry about. That was perfect. " I smiled at him. He gently pulled me into a hug. "Kurt, i think I love you. " I said as I buried my face in his chest. He smelled of cigarettes and cheap cologne. It was my new favorite scent. "I think I love you too Jade." He replied and I looked up at him. His eyes were pained but full of life. "But uh, hey. Wanna listen to some of my records?" He grinned at me. "When don't I? But after that, you promised this face you would get her ice cream." I said as I made the puppy face again. Kurt laughed. "Of course, I will get my little Jade some ice cream." He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Sorry, i can't help it. " He blushed and looked away. "Then don't. " I grinned up at him so big that I thought my face was gonna break.