Chapter Four

Kurt drove slow. And I mean, like grandma slow. But, I didn't mind spending the time with him at all. "Do you ever wonder what its like to be a bird? Living in a tree?" He asked, his eyes still concentrated on the road. I slightly gasped in shock. "I wondered the same thing on my way to the record store actually." I replied, grinning. "Well, why don't we just live in one and see? Instead of building a house, we can build a tree. " Kurt chuckled. "And plant a house, Kurt?" I laughed. "Aren't we just two brilliant sons of bitches? That'll be a song one day. " Kurt beamed. "Actually, I've always thought I was just a weirdo. Not brilliant at all. " I said as I stared out the window at some birds. "I've always liked to believe I was adopted, and my real parents are aliens up in the skies. And there are thousands of other alien babies that have been dropped off everywhere. I've met quite a few of them, but I'll never get a chance to meet them all. And one day we'll find out what our purpose was here on earth." Kurt said as he turned left. "Am I an alien child, Kurt?" I asked him, grinning. "Definitely. You're my alien soulmate." He grinned as he pulled into a driveway. We stepped out of the car and the sound of loud insanity. And drunkness was already filling my ears. "How do you not get headache around these guys? They're so fucking loud. " I laughed. "You'll get used to it if you stick around. " Kurt grinned and held the door open for me. "Heyyy! There's the two love birds! You're late, asshole! Where' ve you guys been? Making out somewhere?" Krist slurred and stumbled into Kurt as he tried to nudge him in the arm. Kurt's face turned bright red and I'm pretty sure mine also resembled a tomato. "We were at the fucking record store you dick wad. You're trashed, Krist. Are you even capable of practicing? It seems like this band is just a joke to you now." Kurt said sternly. "Well, maybe getting trashed is funner Kurt! You'd know if you weren't drooling over some girl or too busy fucking!" Krist could barely speak and I had to really focus to understand him. But, what I heard made me feel very uneasy. 'Did I just ruin their friendship? Their band?' I thought to myself. "Krist, sit the fuck down before you pass out. And secondly, she is not just some girl and we were not fucking. We were at the damn record store. If you weren't so fucked up then you'd remember that already. Practice is fucked for today. I'm going home. " Kurt said as he turned and walked out the door. I felt a huge lump in my throat. 'Do I follow him?' I thought. I opened the door and walked out without hesitation. Kurt was already sitting in the car but it wasn't running. He was just sitting there smoking a cigarette and staring at me like a lost, sad puppy. I opened the passenger door and sat down next to him. "Kurt, I'm so sorry. I ruined your practice. Your friendship with Krist, your band. " I stuttered. "Jade, no. Stop. This has nothing to do with you and nothing is ruined. Krist just likes to have fun a little too much.  This isn't the first time practice has been cancelled because of his drunk ass. " Kurt smiled a little. "Jade, I just got upset because what he said wasn't right. Talking about you like you're an object or some normal person. Making you feel awkward and out of place. It really upset me. " Kurt said, staring at me with his blue eyes. "I'm not a normal person? I mean I know i'm weird so you're right. "I said as I tried to escape his eyes. "Jade you are far from normal in the best way. Things are so easy with you. I feel like I've known you my entire life and even before that." Kurt said as he slightly blushed. "I feel exactly the same way about you Kurt. Its so strange. " I said as Kurt's eyes lit up. "You look like an angel. " I mumbled quietly and then blushed when I realized I said it out loud. "Then I must be a reflection of you. " Kurt said as he smiled a little and took a drag off his cigarette. "I wanna show you something. " Kurt said as he got out of the car. I followed his lead.