Chapter Nine

About a month later, Kurt and I had became attached at the hip and it was tour time. Our first real stop was gonna be California. Things between my mom and I were getting better. She, and pretty much everyone else in Aberdeen knew by now that Kurt was making something of himself. The band seemed to be getting a little bigger day by day and more and more people were talking about them in Washington. The night before leaving for California, Kurt and I decided we needed some alone time before the big day. We decided to go to a diner down the street at almost two in the morning. "Kurt, no one is even in here. " I laughed as we walked in. "Good." He chuckled. Neither one of us were people persons. We sat down at a table and a tired, annoyed waitress took our orders. A jukebox was playing The Beatles pretty loudly and Kurt hummed along to the song. "Dance with me?" Kurt smirked. "What?!" I laughed. "Kurt, you know everything about me now, surely you know I don't dance." I smiled. "Oh, c'mon. Please?" Kurt made a puppy face. "Okay, you've done it now." I surrendered as we stood up and he took my hand. He spun me around the room and I crashed into a table. We both laughed hysterically. We went over to the jukebox and decided to find some heavier stuff because Kurt thought it would be hilarious to mosh in the middle of the diner. We began running and jumping around everywhere and banging our heads to the music. We were laughing, and tripping over each other and soon both fell on our asses. The waitress walked in awkwardly and cleared her throat. "Oh, we're sorry ma'am." Kurt said as he looked at me and grinned. I laughed so hard I snorted . We both were pretty starving and the food tasted amazing. "Food fight!" Kurt said as he chucked a piece of bread at me. " I laughed. "I don't think so Cobain. " I said as he grinned. I leaned over and kissed him on the tip of the nose. "We should get home, we'll never wake up in the morning. " I agreed and we began our walk home. When we walked in, I suddenly felt really thirsty and opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. I felt two lanky arms wrap around me. I grinned and turned around and Kurt kissed my face a million times over and over. Then, he suddenly looked at me with passion in his eyes. "You know I really fucking love you. " He smiled. I didn't say anything. I just grabbed his face and pulled it to mine, kissing him passionately. Before I knew it, it was a full blown makeout session. And before I knew it, we were in his room and our clothes were on the floor. "Jade, we don't have to do this. " Kurt said, looking at me seriously. "You're right, but I want to." I replied as I kissed him. I tangled my fingers in his hair and we couldn't get enough of each other. It was a perfect ending to a perfect night. He held me in his arms and rubbed tiny circles on my back as we drifted off to sleep.