Chapter Forty One

"I..I don't know Kurt." I said, squeezing his hand. I quickly called Shelli and asked her to come over and watch Frances. "What's going on, Jade?" She asked curiously over the phone. "I'll tell you when you get here, just come on." I replied before hanging up. Fifteen minutes later, Shelli was at the door. "We need to go to the store. Frances is asleep and I don't wanna drag her out. Its sorta an emergency." I said as I stood in the doorway, holding it open. She shot me a confused look. "I might be pregnant. We don't know. But I really don't wanna wait to find out. And I want Kurt with me this time. Frances is asleep, we'll be back in a minute." I said as Kurt handed me my bag. "OH MY GOD!!!" Shelli squealed. "Okay, okay, hurry back!!" She said excitedly, pushing us out the door. As Kurt and I skimmed the endless rows of pregnancy tests, I saw a flash outside the window. Paparazzi had somehow found us. "Oh, fuck." Kurt mumbled before grabbing a handful of tests and rushing us to the counter. "I feel sick again." I mumbled, covering my mouth. I ran to the bathroom and Kurt followed behind me. He rubbed my back after I puked for the millionth time. "Wanna just take the test in here? I'll go pay for them really quick and come back." He said, still rubbing my back. I nodded and he went to go pay. He came back a few minutes later and the nerves were setting in. "You ready?" He mumbled, handing one to me. I kissed him and opened up one of the boxes. I peed on the stick and waited three minutes like the instructions said. "Kurt?" I said, nervously. He furrowed his eyebrows and waited on me to proceed. "If i'm pregnant, will you be upset?" I asked, hesitantly. He shook his head no. "Absolutely not, love. Either way, it'll be alright." He slightly smiled and kissed my forehead. I took a deep breath and turned the test over. "Its positive." I mumbled. Tears were filling Kurt's eyes and he pulled me into a hug. " Oh my god. I love you so much, Jade." He whispered with a cracked voice, hugging me close. We stood there holding each other and crying for a good few minutes while the realization that we were having a second child sank in. "Lets get you home." He smiled and put his arm around me and led us out of the store. Papparazzi were everywhere. "New addition to the Cobain family?! Give us the scoop!" One of them yelled. I looked at Kurt and smirked. He gave me a "what are you up to?" look and I held the test up in the air for them to see and stopped walking. "Yes, I am fucking pregnant. Now fuck off." I smiled and continued walking, Kurt still protectivly had his arm around me and I heard him chuckling. "I fucking love you." He grinned and kissed my head. On the way back home, I suddenly noticed how hungry I was. "I really want pizza." I said as we turned a corner. Kurt glanced at me and grinned. "Hey, don't look at me like that. Its our child's fault." I smiled and looked down at my stomach. "Lets stop and get some then." He said, kissing my hand. After we got the pizza, we finally made it back home. Kurt opened the door and I followed behind with the pizza box. "Jade, you're totally pregnant I bet. Pizza at two in the morning? Go take the test, hurry!" Shelli exclaimed, rushing over to me. Me and Kurt grinned at each other and looked back at Shelli. "Wait, did you already? Are you?!" She asked, barely able to stand still. "I've got a little bun in the oven who really wants some pizza." I said, taking a bite and grinning. She screamed and practically attacked me with a hug. We all ate some pizza and the time ended up being four in the morning. "I'm gonna head home, I love you guys. Congrats. Can I tell Krist or?" Shelli said as she was heading out the door. "Lets surprise him tomorrow. We'll come up with something good." Kurt said, grinning. She smiled and agreed. We said our goodbyes and I engulfed Kurt into a hug. He picked me up and carried me to our bed. "I love our little family. I can't believe we're having another little baby." I smiled, cuddling up close to him. "I know." He smiled, his eyes gleaming. "We need to plan Frances's birthday party. Wanna just have it here with all our close friends and family?" I asked while he stroked my hair. "Sounds perfect." He whispered before we both drifted off to sleep after a mentally exhausting day.