Chapter Five

On the way to wherever Kurt was taking me, it mostly silent. But, it wasn't the awkward, uncomfortable kind. Even if there were moments when me and Kurt didn't speak, it never bothered me and I don't think it bothered him either. We didn't have to say much to know how each of us were feeling. It was a somewhat short walk until we turned a corner. "I come here all the time to write and stuff. " Kurt said with his sleepy voice that I loved so much. "Wow, this is neat. " I smiled as we approached a bridge. "Welcome to the Wishkah River. " A tiny sign read. "Its really peacful here Kurt. I see why you come here. " I smiled as I looked at him. He was kinda squiting his eyes as if he were concentrated on something. Kurt seemed to do that a lot, I just admired the scenary and listened to all the crickets chirping. I just happened to look down at my feet and saw a needle. "Damn, that's rough. Someone's been using down here it looks like. Unless they're diabetic and take insulin. Hm." I said as I kept looking at everything around us. "Uh, yeah I think I need to go home now. I think I may be getting sick. I'll drop you off. I promise we'll do something else tomorrow. I mean uh, if you want to." Kurt said, nervously. I sensed something was off, but I didn't ask questions. It was none of my business and I didn't wanna be a bother. "Of course Kurt. I hope you're alright. " I said, concerned as I looked at him. His bright blue eyes seemed kinda pained. "Yeah, i'm fine. My stomach is just hurting. " Kurt said as we started the walk back to the car. I couldn't helped but worry about him. Even though we just met, I cared about Kurt more than I've ever cared about anyone before. I had a connection with him I couldn't explain.