Chapter 13 - Home

(Rimuru's POV)

Few days have passed since then, during that time nothing really noteworthy happened. The trio helped the kijins and goblins in hunting. Our current military are also quite strong even this early, 300 kijins it's not a lot but all of them is at least B to A+ rank, 2000 hobgoblins that's C- to C+ rank, and 100 goblin riders that all of them are C to special C. More goblins came to our town when they heard about me and Ciel.

The seven kijins are all special A rank except Kurobe that's A rank. Rigurd, Rigur, and Gobta are B+ rank. I still haven't ask Rigurd about his oldest son yet, I will ask him after healing Shizu if she wants to live. I haven't let Rigurd fight in the original timeline, so I will probably let him participate when Falmuth attack us.

A little fact during the original timeline. When I got reincarnated as a slime I'm already A rank, when Veldora named me I became A+ rank. My early evaluation of myself back then is that I thought I was only B rank, I guess I was underestimating myself too much in the past. After predating the 'Orc Lord' Geld I became an 'Sub-Demon Lord'. After defeating Charybdis I became S rank which is 'Disaster Class'.

According to Ciel's calculations Shizu will wake up today. By the way our house is a little far than other houses. Me and Ciel went to the room where Shizu is, and after waiting for a while, she opened her eyes.

"Where am I?" (Shizue) weakly said, looking at her surroundings.

"Your inside our house" (Rimuru) said, making Shizue look at them.

"Rimuru-san, Ciel-san thank you. I almost killed someone I care about again, with my own hands" (Shizue) said in a low, weak voice.

"..." (Rimuru)

"..." (Ciel)

"Hey Rimuru-san, Ciel-san... Would you mind listening... To my story?" (Shizue) said weakly.

"Of course" (Rimuru) said with a warm tone and warm smile and Ciel just nodded while smilling.

She told us the same story in the original timeline. She spoke of how Ifrit possessed her after she was summoned, how she killed her friend, how the hero saved her. There was a battle, the 'Demon Lord' left his castle leaving her behind as a rear guard, she still not sure whether if it's Ifrit's will or her own violation.

She fought the 'Hero' and the 'Hero' asked her 'why is she here' and 'how she stayed alive', she was a majin and the hero believed everything she said, and the 'Hero' told her 'it's alright now'.

Her emotions went back to her and the 'Hero' took her in. She learned about the world, magic, and with the mask the 'Hero' gave her she learned how to use Ifrit's power to some extent. She reached out to her mask that's on the table and I took the mask and gave it to her.

"Here" (Rimuru) said with a smile while giving Shizue the mask.

She smiled at me and continued her story. She was happy travelling with the 'Hero' but one day she left saying 'We will meet again'. Shizu decided she wanted to get stronger and wanted to help the people who are suffering. For decades, she worked hard and people started calling her 'Champion'.

But she wasn't young anymore, it's becoming more difficult for her to control Ifrit, one wrong step and she can unleash him by mistake. When she thought about that she got scared, she knew that she can hurt someone she cared about again. So she retired and became an instructor.

She was an instructor for a while but it was getting harder for her to control Ifrit. So she left and went to look for the man that summoned her and ask him how to save the children. She was getting weaker and said