Chapter 56 - Change of Pace

(Rimuru's POV)

I arrived at the entrance of the capital with the three demoness in tow and what greeted us were wide smiles and a grand welcome.

"Welcome back Rimuru-sama!!!" (All)

"Everyone..." (Rimuru) smiles.

In the middle of my welcoming citizens are two of my most precious loved ones. My wife and my child wearing such a loving smile just for me.

"Welcome back Dear" - "Welcome back Mama" (Ciel and Shinsha)

My eyes widened a bit with such a welcome, but a second later came a chuckle.

Geez, they always like to take things to the extreme. I guess it's just the way they are, I don't really have the right to say that, do I? Since I'm basically the same. (Chuckle).

"(Chuckle)" (Rimuru)

"Mama?" (Shinsha)

"It's nothing" (Rimuru) gently squeezed herself in between Shinsha and Ciel, and took one of their hands on her own.

"It's good to be back everyone. I thank everyone for their hard work and doing their very best in defending our home from the last two invasions." (Rimuru) started.

"They have attacked us to halt our progression of our nation and due to their own selfish desires; lust, wrath, and the very main thing that drives them, greed." (Rimuru) lets go of her wife's and daughter's hands, and made some motions with it, further passionated her speech even more.

"But they have severely miscalculated. They underestimated us of what we are capable of as a whole and that has led to their own downfall. Be proud everyone! For tonight, we shall rest and celebrate for we have gained new powerful allies and have achieved a total VICTORY!" (Rimuru) raised her right fist and concluded her speech.

"(CHEERS)!!!" (All)

...

...

(Third Person's POV)

"I think I'm getting a nosebleed." (Jaune) said, covering her nose and mouth. And Violet, nodding behind her, with blush across her face.

"I don't think we can get nosebleeds but I get what you're saying." (Blanc) replied while looking at Rimuru with high admiration in her eyes.

"Kukuku, so the three of you are finally seeing the radiant aura of Rimuru-sama?" (Noir) suddenly appeared beside them.

"Since when the hell have you arrived?" (Jaune) asked but actually not that surprised of Noir's sudden appearance, neither are the other two.

"Ahh man. I was hoping that you already failed your first mission. That's too bad." (Violet) childishly pouted.

"Now that Rimuru-sama has finally accepted me as her subordinate. I need, no, I must complete each of her orders perfectly." (Noir)

"Fair enough. But you seemed to have already known of Lady Rimuru's capabilities even long before we were summoned. How is that?" (Blanc)

"I have long been keeping eyes on both Rimuru-sama and Ciel-sama for almost a year now." (Noir) shamelessly stated.

"Wha-?" (Blanc) eyes widened along with the other two.

"But as expected. Both of them most likely have known about me watching them. Each time they are about to mate, the orb I'm watching through, always black out. As if Rimuru-sama herself is blocking me from watching further. Truly a powerful being!" (Noir)

Jaune and Violet were blushing really hard and Testarossa seemed to have a bit of pink dusted on her cheeks. But other than their flustered state was their intense bloodthirsty glare directed towards Noir.