Chapter 57 - Man and Monster Meeting

(Third Person's POV)

"Now that everyone is seated, we will start our Man-and-Monster meeting." (Rimuru)

Many popular figures were in the same room, even Sarion's duke, Erald Grimwald, arrived as envoys for the said country. He created a bit of a scene but was quickly handled thanks to his daughter.

And with that, the meeting started.

"I'll start. Even if what you did in the war was reasonable, the results was still too one-sided. From the perspective of the public, an unknown being capable of eliminating thousands of people and even repelling the Angels can be considered both evil and a threat." (Erald)

"More so, if the western church were to deem you as the Enemy of God, the western nations would turn hostile as well." (Erald)

"There are no right answer for this one but only the most logical one." (Rimuru)

"I will make it so that they would not be able to make an enemy of us. Or rather, they would have more cons than pros, should they not ally with us." (Rimuru)

"Can you please elaborate?" (Erald)

"With us defeating the Angels, the public would have already realized that Tempest's military strength have already far surpassed most nations, save for the Eastern Empire. At least that would be the public's perspective." (Ciel)

"With that, the most expected emotion they feel towards us is of course, fear." (Ciel) said with some of the people in the room nodded.

"So the only way to show them our true nature is by holding a special event that they can't ignore." (Rimuru)

"(Interested) Hoh? Can't ignore?" (Gazel) repeated with Rimuru responding with a nod.

"I have lived for far too long and it does not take a genius to know this simple thing, people are greedy." (Rimuru)

Everyone didn't say a word but with their gaze on the ground, they know... What Rimuru just said is true.

"So..." (Rimuru) again, took their attention and broke the heavy atmosphere.

"I will take advantage of that. Like I said earlier, we will hold a special event... An event in which their own greed and curiosity would not be able to remain seated." (Rimuru)

"A-And that event is?" (Youm)

"We will be holding a Founding Festival after dealing with the knights and Demon Lords... Oh, and also the True Dragons" (Rimuru) said so casually.

"Wait... I think there's something wrong with what you just said." (Erald)

"Hmm? Oh, you mean the Founding Festival? Don't worry about that, I'll make sure that you will all be invi-." (Rimuru) was interrupted.

"That too is interesting but I meant the last part!" (Erald) stood up and quickly realised what he just did.

"(Clears throat) I apologize for my rudeness." (Erald) bowed a little and went back to his seat.

"What do you mean about dealing with the True Dragons, Rimuru?" (Gazel)

"Oh, heed no worries about that. I will not be taunting them to a fight, in fact it's the opposite, I will be befriending them." (Rimuru)

"And how will you accomplish that?" (Erald)

"I mean, you need to have close relationship with your family, you know that right Erald?" (Rimuru)

"Um, yes you need to have proper ties with your kin, but what does that have to do with this conversation?" (Erald)

"I, at least, need to have a bit of bond with them... Afterall, I am their little sister." (Rimuru)