Chapter 51 - Reality

(Third Person's POV)

Shinsha, Foss, Stella, and Nemu went on standby in an area where there weren't too many guards as to give it more security it.

They were at the edge of the City where the building ends.

"What is that?" (Foss)

They looked at the sky and saw the barrier forming in.

"The heck is this thing?" (Stella) said as she extended her hand towards the barrier.

"Stop!" (Shinsha)

When Stella's hand came in contact, it electrocuted her and pushed her back.

"Oww!" (Stella)

"It pushed me back" (Stella)

"It's some type of barrier" (Shinsha)

They turned around as they heard a 'thud' from their back, it turns out that the 'monster kids' that was following them fell on their knees as if their strength was leaving them.

"Hey, what's wrong?!" (Foss)

And it didn't take long for the barrier to also effect Foss, Stella, and Nemu. They felt weak, heavy, slow, the sudden changes of their body greatly concerned them.

'I'm feeling weaker?' (Foss) thought as she inspect the fallen kid.

"Body feels so heavy" (Nemu)

"I can't move properly, is it because of that barrier or something?" (Stella)

"Yes, that's most likely what's affecting us" (Shinsha)

They looked at Shinsha and to their surprise, she's completely fine, she was not struggling to stand up nor was flustered.

"You're completely fine Shinsha-sama?" (Stella)

"Because of Mama's overprotective personality, she gave me a protection which basically made me immune to all bad effects" (Shinsha) said with a 'that's normal right?' face.

They were not able to say something when they heard a bunch of heavy metallic footsteps. Dozens of Human soldiers confidently marched in as if they own the place with a smirk that shows either arrogance or greed or possibly both.

"Humans?" (Foss)

"(Smirk) Hello, and soon, good bye... If you're wondering why are we here, all Monsters are fated to be destroyed in the name of the Goddess, all we're doing are speeding it up a little" (Mustache Guy)

"We were supposed to be in the main army but if we stayed, we might have missed out on all the good parts so we joined the vanguards" (Mustache Guy) finished.

"Monsters are fated to be destroyed?" (Shinsha)

'Why do Monsters need to be destroyed?' 'Weren't all races supposed to live together in peace?' 'Can't Humans just understand us?' that was all in Shinsha's innocent yet naive thoughts, all repeating over and over again.

"Missed out? What do you mean?" (Foss)

"What are you hiding?" (Stella)

"Main army, they might be scheming something" (Nemu)

"There's no need for me to explain to someone who will soon be dead!" (Mustache Guy) said as he swung down his sword, aiming towards Shinsha.

Shinsha who was still deep in her thoughts didn't see it which made the three yell out for her.

"Shinsha-sama!" (Foss, Stella, and Nemu)

The sword didn't made contact with Shinsha as it clashed with Foss' dagger.