Chapter 3

EVERETT P.O.V

“You care only about yourself.  If you wanted to stay here, you could have just called and told me.  I was waiting for you all night yesterday.”

“I’m 16, not 5.”

“I had cooked you eggs for dinner yesterday.”

“I don’t like eggs mother.  Templar was the one who used to like them.”

“What do you mean used to?”

I had had enough of this.  Every morning it’s the same thing.  Ever since Templar left, Teresa had gone crazy.  She needs help.  Initially, she had blamed Trudy for Templar leaving but after she was sent away, it was Terence’s turn to suffer.  He doesn’t like going home for that reason.  He can’t bear all the yelling.  So instead of facing Teresa’s wrath he crashes at my house.  And then the next day, in the early hours of the morning, Teresa is over giving him an earful.

Groaning, I get up from my nice comfortable bed and headed downstairs.

“We are searching for her mother.”

“Then search harder and bring my baby home.”

Yeah, right!  Baby?  When has she ever been a good mother?  

It was wrong of Teresa to blame only Terence and Trudy for Templar’s leaving.  It was everyone’s fault.  Everyone had provoked Templar to take that step to run away.

“Come home for breakfast.  I don’t want you out with your friends all day.  I let it happen once and now my baby is not here with me,” she said to Terence as she stood over him, while he sat on the couch with his face buried in his hands.

I couldn’t take it any longer.  “Enough!!” I yelled at Teresa, using my Alpha tone. “I want you out of my house, now.”

“Yes Alpha,” she said softly, her face down in submission, and quickly left my house.

“Thanks man,” Terence said, looking up at me.  I nodded and sat down on the opposite couch to him.  “She keeps reminding of it every day.  It’s not like I don’t feel guilty enough as it is for what I’ve done.”

It had been a huge shock to the entire pack that Templar had left.  We had all thought rouges had taken her away at first, until we saw the note she had left.  No harsh words, nothing, just goodbye.  We tried tracing her scent, but it was faint by the time we realized she had left.  So we appointed a few detectives to try and find her.  Oh that reminds me.

“Any news from detectives?” I asked Terence sternly.

“No. Nothing. It’s like the ground swallowed her whole or something,” he answered in misery, pressing his fingers to his temple and sighing.  “You know, the worst part of it all is that I know I’m one of the main reasons she left.”