Chapter 19

“I don’t know what
circumstances occurred in
your life for you to build
such a strong brick wall
around your heart, but I do
intend to tear it down." ~Cole”
― Tina Carreiro , Power of the Moon

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“You are right Tem, this thing isn’t good.” Jan said jumping on the woolen mattress that I had placed on my newly arrived bed.

“The shopkeeper was right after all.” I said sighing. Damn, should have listened to the poor guy, instead of scaring him.

The shopkeeper was continuously babbling about how good cotton mattress is but I wanted woolen, which isn’t comfy at all. Back at home, the woolen mattress that I use is best but somehow I didn’t feel that comfortable when I lied down here.

“Go and exchange it now. Then you will have a brand new room for yourself tonight.” Jan said still jumping and clapping excitedly.

The day was spent in designing and decorating my new room. We painted the room white, in the morning and new furniture such as the closet, bed, dressing table was arranged.

The problem lied only in the mattress.

“Fine, I’ll go. Will you come with me?” I asked her.

“No, I….. I uh, I have to go somewhere” Jan said to me and the way she was avoiding eye contact with me and her cheeks turned pink it confirmed me that she was going to meet Terence.

“Some friend you are.” I told her pinching my lips together.

“You love me sweetie.” She said mockingly and ran out of the room. Guess I have to do it alone.

I got the cotton mattress and even apologized with the salesman there. Then I went to the mall and Now, I was waiting in the queue to pay my bills.

 The ladies around were staring at my cart which was full, what do they know how much werewolves eat?

But the items in the cart were all my packs orders. Lazy people gave their list to me.

Only two packets of oat biscuits in the cart were mine. After paying my bills I was pushing the cart towards my car.

“Need some help?” I heard a rough male voice asking me.

I looked around to see some guy walking towards me with a smug smile in his face.

“No thanks.” I muttered and walked away from there. He was a human.

“You know for someone as slim and sexy as you, that’s quite a lot of things in your cart.” He said from behind.