Chapter 15

“The ocean was the best
place, of course. That was
what she loved most. It was
a feeling of freedom like no
other, and yet a feeling of
communion with all the other places
and creatures the water touched.”
― Ann Brashares

EVERETT P.O.V

“Son, I didn’t know she was your mate.” My dad said to me but I couldn’t control my anger. Even though he is my father I wanted to kill him for doing that to my mate.

I felt someone placing their hands on my shoulders.

“Rett, calm down man. Go to Templar, I’ll take care of him.” Terence told me.

My mate was lying on the floor, which snapped me out. I turned to see my mate lying with her head on Sveta’s lap.

“Leave my land now” I yelled at my dad using my Alpha tone.

I rushed to her side but Keith stopped me by placing his palm on my chest and shoving me.

“Move.” I snarled at him.

“Back off.” He barked at me.

“She is my mate.” I growled at him.

“And it was your father who did this to her.” He snapped back.

I was having enough of this wolf coming between me and my mate. I punched him in the jaw and he punched me back.

“Fucking, son of a bitch.” He spat.

He raised his hand to hit me again but I caught it and punched him back. Punches after punches were being blown and then I had him down on the ground.

“Stay the fuck away from my mate.” I growled at him holding his collars.

Keith somehow managed to get out of my hold and before I drew another punch I was pulled back by Egan.

“This isn’t the time to fight you idiots. A girl is lying there on the floor.” Cam roared loudly. My mate was in the floor.

I took a deep breath to control my wolf. Egan released his hold on me.

“Then tell your Alpha to back down, they are mates” Egan roared at Cam to which there was a loud growl.

Many members from my pack had come to the house and were standing behind me. To our opposite Keith, Cam, January and Ben were standing all covering Templar from me.

My wolf was scratching inside me wanting to be let out but I couldn’t do that because my first concern was my mate who was still on the floor amidst those glass pieces.

“Should have never come here, you people don’t deserve her.” Keith said to no one in particular.

“Not even twenty four hours since she arrived and you people do this to her, I don’t want to imagine how she even stayed here with you all.” Ben said growling.

“She is part of our pack. We are her family.” Terence said gritting his teeth to which January gave a humorless laugh.

“Right, I bet that is what you were calling yourself six years ago.” January snapped to which Terence cringed.

“Move. I want to see my mate.” I said gritting my teeth to all those wolves that were standing like guards in front of me.

“Don’t be worried about Tem; she will wake up in like a minute. Go find a place to hide your father.” January told me through gritted teeth and I glared at her while Terence growled at me.