Chapter 45

Tan-tadaaaaa,

Presenting Chapter 45….

This chapter is dedicated to @HeartChi16 for the cover on the side:D

****

“It was a life I didn’t want
to leave behind.It was a life
I didn’t want to forget.”
― Maggie Stiefvater , Linger

EVERETT P.O.V

I was running in the woods, looking for Templar. “Templar” I called her loudly. There was a terrible storm in the town and everyone was asked to stay inside the house. But I didn’t because I didn’t know where my mate is. I ran deeper into the woods and looked for her but she was nowhere.

“Templar” I yelled, stopping in my tracks. I growled loudly in frustration and looked up at the sky where the half-moon shone brightly amidst the sea of stars. My wolf was getting agitated, every passing second. He was begging me to shift after I felt a pain in my head. I held the side of my head with both hands and knelt on the ground. Gritting my teeth, I knew, I was feeling Templar’s pain.

Suddenly, the sky was covered with the dark clouds, followed by a roaring sound of thunder and I knew the violently rotating tornado was close by. Dust got kicked up by the wind everywhere, the trees bent down with the force of the wind. Few trees even fell on the ground blocking my path.

I felt hopeless because I didn’t know where my mate is. I wanted her. She was hurt and I knew she needed me. “Where is she?” I asked looking at the sky only to see that the sky was covered by thick dark wall of clouds. “Where is my mate?” I asked again staring at the sky, hoping she would help me even though I couldn’t see her.

I rolled my head backwards and closed my eyes. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and felt my whole body tremble with fear for her. I needed to see Templar. “Please help me” I whispered slowly, hoping the Goddess could hear me because she is the only person who can help me now. She is the only one who can take me to my mate.

I needed her to perform some miracle for me, though she has already done that by choosing Templar as my mate. I couldn’t ask for anything else after she gave me Templar, however now, I was begging her to help me.

“Please help me, mother” I whispered and tried with every ounce of energy to suppress the groan of pain. Templar’s pain that I was feeling. “Please”

“Shield her” I heard an angelic voice whisper and I opened my eyes.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was I was alone in the bed. Where is Templar? I couldn’t feel her presence in the room either.