Chapter Thirteen

This chapter is dedicated to all strong ladies out there! No matter what challenge we face, we manage to triumph. To everyone going through a tough phase in life. This is for you.

Enjoy!!

"I'm so fed up, I've tried looking for her everywhere but to no avail and today is 1st of the month." Ben lamented, pacing up and down. There was tension in the room as the three had a worried look on.

"This is so bad, like really bad! But how can she just disappear like that without a trace!" Dan said and Ben growled in frustration. He swipe his hands across his face swiftly in annoyance and scrunched up his face in anger.

"I don't even know how to tell boss about this, he's going to be fucking disappointed and while the money has been raised to six million naira now I'm left with nothing. I've tried her number so many times but to no avail. I even went to her hostel but I was met with two angry ladies who're just giving me bad glares and they snobbed me. I'm so fed up, I don't know what to do anymore!"

The three sighed heavily and fell into silence again. "But where the hell could she be? Her number is not going through, she's nowhere to be found in school? Where on earth could she be? Or maybe she went home for emergency? Do you know her hometown?" Thomas asked.

Ben shook his head. "I don't know! You think I wouldn't have traced her there? I don't know! She's been missing for almost a week now and it's just four days to the main day. I'm so fucked up right now!"

"And not even with what recently happened with that lady that died. Boss is really furious as it is!"

Ben looked at him in total confusion. "What lady? What are you talking about?"

"Oh you've been busy with your project work, Peter, Zak, Idris and Fem raped this lady until she gave up ghost."

Ben hissed. "That's not new! So what made Boss furious?"

"They were almost caught! Those girls that saw them reported to the police and this time around it was a new officer that took up the case."

Ben's mouth formed a wow. "Wow that's a lot! What the Fuck is wrong with the guys. Why can't they even do a clean and neat job, why do they have to go around causing trouble like that. Why did they do that to the girl? Was it a personal grudge or was it for fun. If it's for fun they should have been more careful na!"

"It's for both I think. From what I heard, Peter has been trying to woe the girl but she was unyielding. So, one day the girl was passing by and Peter pulled her by her arm and this girl is a muslim. She covers and all, so she slapped him and gave him the worst insult of his life. Peter was so embarrassed that day. The girl didn't insult him alone ooo, she insulted the four of them because they were all there that day. They decided to get back at her."

Ben smirked. "Serves her right. Those girls have fish brains and they're just so fucking stupid. But they should have been more careful not to get caught!"

"Yes that's what made Boss furious. He has to spend a lot of money to buy the new police to our side and also settle the other officers. But it wasn't easy because the police was a female, he needed to pull some dirty tricks to set her up and with the help of the officials at the top, he was able to silence her. And that was as of last week."

Ben sighed heavily. "Wow that's a lot! What am I going to do now. He's going to be very disappointed. All the past members and boss are even going to be present. I really don't know what to tell him. It's going to be a huge disappointment."

Thomas added. "And remember, two days to the event, you won't be able to change the input on the group's web. You have today and tomorrow Ben, day after next tommorow is going to be too late if Teemah is nowhere to be found."