Chapter Twenty

Hey!!

It's unfair how we tend to only or mostly notice when something goes wrong in our life. In every existence, it's only right that you show gratitude for the things that go right and fall into places. Today is for gratitude so look on to the bright side of whatever life throws at you. Good morning.

Bint_Luqman.

"Oh God!! Fateemah slow down will you? You're going too fast." The guys held onto the car seat and the side handle for support. Fateemah drove like a crazy maniac, a possessed one.

"Oh my God! If we keep up like this we are going to die. Fateemah please. Is this your way of getting back at me. Stop the car please. Stop the car!" Musab shouted at her.

"No I'm not going to stop the car! It's better we all die." She barked at him and pressed on the accelerator, increasing the speed.

"Musab do something, do something at this rate we'll all just really die as she won't listen." The three held onto the door handle and headrest.

She maneuvered and move to the second lane, trying to overtake the car in front of her. She continued the act, shuffling between cars and racing like a lunatic. Now they were on highway.

"What exactly is your problem? Why are you doing this, you're being pathetic!" Musab barked at her, not able to control his anger anymore. With the way things are going, they are likely to encounter a very fatal accident.

"What's my problem? You're the one to talk, uhnn! You ruined me and now I'm being pathetic? Oh! You wait and let me show you how pathetic I can be! She increased the speed by pressing on the accelerator.

"What's gotten into you? What on earth is your problem, all I ever did was help you when you decided to ruin your life. I should have let you see how that horrible and miserable life you're leading is going to end for you! Is that what I should have done?"

"Horr...... Horrible!! How dare you and what did you know about my life.... You......" She was surprised by his choice of words. Ofcourse he thinks she's leading a horrible life while in the real sense she's an hero and saving lives.

"You don't love anyone do you? Not even yourself and you think I'm doing this because of a selfish reason. All I ever did was love you. I genuinely love you. I wanted you to be mine, and I wanted you all to myself, I couldn't take it seeing you with another man in a haram relationship and someone that planned to destroy you. What would you have done if you were in my shoes." Fateemah glared at him briefly. She shrugged and focused on the road. 

"You know what? You're just a narcissistic, egotistical and selfish brat who doesn't care to ruin another person's life just for your own selfish reasons. You don't care if we all encounter an accident and all die, but as long as you're satisfied with whatever stupid plans you have and I guess you're not in anyway different from Ben and his friends then!"

The words hit her hard. She unconsciously raised her leg from the accelerator, slowing the car down a bit, registering his bitter words. And the realization of his words made her want to stop the car. Tears welled in her eyes, as her thoughts travelled back to what Benard and his friends did to poor Sakeenah. Her whole body started shaking and the image of sakeenah's lifeless body flashed in her memory. Anger boiled inside her and tears threatened to spill out of her bloodshot eyes. She gripped the steering wheel so hard, unable to control herself. She allowed the pain and anger to overwhelm her and blanked her mind. Her soul went numb, freezing her brain.

"Fateemah are you okay? I...... What's wrong?" Musab noticed this and immediately started feeling guilty. "Fateemah ! Are you alright? Stop the car and let me take over"