Chapter Seventeen

This chapter is dedicated to everyone out there that keeps going, that keeps pushing even when they've lost all hope. To those that never let themselves be bullied by life challenges. To those that never give up even when to give up is the only option left.

❣️Enjoy❣️

"Mi amore, Shuaib and Ibrahim are coming over today. They're going back to school tommorow so they want to visit me before leaving!" Musab told Fateemah and she scrunched up her face in irritation.

"Those two pests. All they know how to do is follow you around like lost puppies."

"Fateemah! Haba! Why did you hate them so much!"

"Rules, rules, rules! babe!" She said the last word sarcastically.

"Seriously I don't know why you hate them so much! They never offended you and besides you were once on good terms with them."

"Yes and that was because I loved you........." She paused and they both stood in silence, their gazes frozen on each other.

She coughed awkwardly. "What I mean was then when we are........."

"I understand mi amore. If only you could let go of your grudges and give us a new chance......."

"Musab it's okay, I'm not here to play remember and never have I lost a bet in my life and this is definitely not going to be different." She declared, cutting him short.

"What happens if you loose?" He ask suddenly.

For a moment they were both silent. Him, waiting for her answer and her, thinking of what to say.

"Well if that should happen, I'll accept my fate as your wife and only perform my duties out of obligation and not love!"

Musab blinked his eyes and they were clouded with emotions. Her words hurts him. They stood rooted and stared into each other's eyes.

Fateemah knew what she said had hurt him because immediately those words left her mouth, his expression changed into a pained one. She shrugged and left him standing.

"Then if I don't make you fall in love within those days, I'll let you go cause I can't bear you hating me forever. This I promise!" He muttered to himself and heaved a sigh.

Few hours later, Fateemah was so bored in the house. After cleaning up, she went downstairs to watch the TV and saw the house has been cleaned. Although it was clean before but now it's cleaner. She checked round the house and lastly, she entered the kitchen when she heard a strange sound.

She met a middle aged woman and two other females, one, stocking the fridge and the other helping the older woman in cooking.

"Asalamualaikum ma'am." They greeted her.

"Wa alaykum Salam warahmatullah wabarakaatuh." She replied with a smile.

"Congratulations ma'am. Barakallahu lakuma wa barakallahu alaikumah." The older woman congratulated her.

"Thanks. Aameen." She smiled.

"You look so beautiful ma'am. Masha Allah barakallahu feeh." She complimented her and she blushed.

"Please don't call me ma'am. I'm Fateemah. You're old enough to be my mother. So please call me Fatee or Fateemah!" She flashed her a warm smile.

"Wow you're so nice. Okay I will. Musab is so lucky to marry a beautiful and lovely lady like you."