The Confession

|Chapter 57|Joshie|

It was already lunchtime and I was heading over to Asen's class to pick him up.

I hope they are giving chicken nuggets today, the pizza from yesterday was revolting.

"Hey! Joshie!" Mimsy was running up to me and then came to a full stop before nearly crashing into me.

"Whoa!" I backed up a bit. "What's going on?"

"I have something really important to ask of you," she wasn't even gasping for breath.

"Okay..." I was suspicious of what she wanted.

"So you know Melissa, right?" she asked

I nodded.

"You're her friend aren't you?"

"I guess..." I gave her a confused look.

"Then I need your help with something."

"What is it?" I looked at her skeptically.

This sounds like a bad idea...

"Well, you see, she's in love with Asen," she started.

My eyes widened but I quickly changed my expression to hide my shock.

So I was right back then! Melissa does have feelings for Asen-wait, why is Mimsy telling me this? Why today? Oh god, I don't like where this is going...please don't be what I think it is.

I had a horrible feeling in my gut, it was as if I got punched so hard that I felt the need to throw up.

"Yeah, I know, shocker. Anyway, she is worried that he might hate her since they fell out in middle school, they used to be really close and then something happened that ruined their friendship, but it was all a misunderstanding! Ever since then, Mel has felt guilty and on top of that, she's in love with him so she feels even worse that he treats her badly! I mean think about it, this girl has liked him since way back when and only recently did she tell me about all of this," She sounded so concerned for her that it made me feel bad.

"That's...terrible!" Were the only words I could cough out.

What am I doing? How can I tell Asen how I feel with this being dumped on me?

"I know! So...I was hoping you'd put in a good word for her, you know, be her wingman?" She gave me a hopeful look.

I hesitated.

What?! Be her wingman? Fuck, I can barely help myself and even worse we like the same guy! I'm in love with Asen too...but Melissa has liked him longer and they only fell out due to a misunderstanding. What if she ends up hating me? Shouldn't I be glad about this though? Now I don't have to confess...not that it would have worked out anyway. I mean, all this was crazy from the start! Asen is better off with someone who doesn't have problems like mine. Melissa and him would be happy together.

"Joshie?"

"Okay..." I agreed, instantly feeling the regret wash over me. I bit my tongue.

"That's wonderful! Thanks, Joshie, you're the best!" She hugged me tightly.

I'm the worst.

"N-no problem," I mumbled.

"Alright then, I'm counting on you!" She gave me a thumbs-up before leaving.