Hopeless

|Chapter 32|Asen|

"Fuck off dude, seriously, you didn't bring the spray paint last time so why the hell are you asking me to cover for you? The god damn nerve!" I was talking to that one kid who never kept his word about bringing the spray paint we were gonna use to tag the walls of the boy's bathroom. I was sulking around the same area we met up last time when he suddenly approached me. Apparently, this guy wanted me to cause a distraction so that he could climb the fence without getting caught.

Why did he even enter the school if he was gonna attempt to escape before classes even started? What a fucking dumbass.

"C'mon Ace, I'll pay you," he begged.

He really thinks he can buy me...

"Get the fuck away from me before I lose my patience and beat the shit out of you," I threatened, no longer wanting to see his face.

"I p-"

"I SAID SCRAM YOU GODDAMN ASS HAT!" I lost it and punched him in the jaw causing him to lose balance and fall.

"F-fuck dude!" He got up and ran away.

I sighed and turned around only to see none other than Joshie standing a few feet away staring right at me.

"Joshie!" I beamed but he backed away.

Huh?

"Hey, wait!" I chased after him since he broke into a run.

Why is he avoiding me?

I chased after him for a while before he ran into the bathroom and tried to hide inside one of the stalls. I managed to slip in before he closed it and cornered him to the wall placing my hands on either side of his face.

I took a second to catch my breath. "Joshie...why are you avoiding me?" I looked up to see him frozen in place and red-faced. I took a second to think about why he looked like this and realized what I was doing.

This is a wall slam, isn't it...? Fuck...

"Uh, sorry," I put my hands down, "look, Joshie, I don't know why you're avoiding me but if it's because of something I did, I'm sorry. I really want to be your friend again, but I feel like you don't want to be mine and if that's the case then just tell me."

I'll totally understand if he doesn't want to be my friend, I mean I was cold to him when he first approached me and wanted to be my friend so I wouldn't be surprised if he told me to stop trying to befriend him. It would really make me sad though.

|Joshie|

I do want to be friends with him! But what if it's not a good idea? What if I cause him problems? What if I want to be more than a friend? Huh?! More than a friend?! Do I want to be more than a friend? No, no, no, I can't think like this, he wants a friend, not some creep to like him, I don't want to ruin this potential friendship.