S.H.O.U.T.

|Chapter 1|Asen|

"90, 91, 92, 93, 94...hmm...this asshole deserves more than just one, let's see...95, 96, and 97. Four chewed-up gums for this guy's locker, I wonder if I have a permanent marker with me, maybe I can tag his locker while I'm at it..." I opened my backpack to take out a marker but it slipped out of my hands and rolled past me. I turned around to see where it went but ended coming face to face with a very pissed-off Principal Docmen.

"Pasting chewed-up gum on every locker and attempting to tag a fellow student's locker, very funny Mr. Acker, very funny," his eye twitched.

I sighed, "Alright, alright, I'll wait inside your office, jeez you're such a buzz kill."

•••

"How many times has it been now Mr. Acker? 20? 30? No matter what I do, you just won't change!"

I was currently being scolded by Principal Docmen for the hundredth time this week.

"I don't know man, it's not like I'm keeping count," I shrugged no longer wanting to be here.

"If this keeps happening, I'll run out of punishments for you young man."

"Then why don't you just suspend me, huh? In fact, I want you to expel me. Maybe then you won't have to deal with all of this," I bargained.

"Absolutely not! Here take this," he handed me a school flyer. "I want you to join this club as punishment this time, hopefully, this helps you change your ways. You know we like to give our students the chance to change here at Sinsill high no matter how long it takes."

I stared down at the flyer.

"Join the 'Students Helping Others Upperclassmen Team.' Together we will help out around the school and make sure it remains a safe and healthy environment for the students. We are the voice of the school and we make sure that voice is heard. We S.H.O.U.T. for those who can't! Meetings Monday-Friday after school from 3PM-4PM in room A-105!"

"Um, no thanks, I'm not interested in joining any clubs this year old man," I passed the flyer back to him.

"It's either that or you give Mr. Ken a visit after school this whole school year along with daily class check-ins," Principal Docmen suggested.

Mr. Ken? That weird history teacher that literally flirts with every female worker in the school?! Hell no, and class check-ins?! I don't even go to class!

"On second thought, let me see that flyer again..."

No way in hell am I gonna risk being stuck with Mr. Ken for the rest of the year.

•••

|Melissa|

"This is it Mimsy! Our club is finally going to happen!" I squealed.

"Should we light a match in celebration?" Mimsy took out her matchbox.

"...No, that's not necessary, also how do the teachers keep letting you in with those?! It's a hazard!" I took the matchbox from her.

"But I want to see the bright flames!" She tried to reach for the matches.

"No Mimsy, you need to control this obsession. Plus, we can't be caught doing anything bad, it took so long for us to finally get the approval for our club, we can't let a little mistake ruin it for us."

"You're right! Let's focus on the important things," and just like that Mimsy turned into the good, hardworking student she is.

"Alright, we have a meeting with the principal right now so we should get going, let's stop by my locker first, I need to get my planner," I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door with Mimsy following close behind.

•••

"What kind of jerk does this?! This is so gross and it's fresh too! I will fucking kill whoever did this!"

"Calm down Melissa, remember, we can't ruin our chances for the club, here take it off with this tissue," Mimsy helped me out.

"You're right, I need to relax, this is our chance, 1, 2, 3, 4..."

•••

"...and that's why I hope you continue to support our club," the meeting was coming to an end.

"Absolutely Ms. Harvick! In fact, I have printed out those flyers of yours for you to post around the school, I look forward to seeing your club grow!" Principal Docmen happily gave us the flyers.

"Thank you so much! Oh, and by the way Principal Docmen, someone is pasting chewed-up gum on every locker, which is not only unsanitary but could also cause problems amongst the students," I added before leaving.

"What?!" he got up immediately and rushed out of his office.

Ha! Whoever decided to put gum on the lockers is in for a big fucking surprise!