Back to School

|Chapter 79|Asen|

Sunday came quickly. Joshie and I texted here and there throughout the day but both of us had our own stuff to do. He caught up on schoolwork while I was preparing myself to go to school tomorrow.

I decided I didn't want to wait any longer. The more I skipped the more I didn't want to go back.

My phone buzzed.

[Joshiebeans]:

You'll be fine, plus I'll be there and if you decide to change your mind, we'll turn around and walk right back to your house. What matters is that you are willing to try.

I took in a deep breath.

He's right. It's just like any other day. I've been gone but it's not like anyone important noticed. They probably just think I went back to skipping class. It's no big deal and Joshie is right. If I change my mind, I can just go back home. It's fine, I'll be fine. No one is waiting to hurt me over there. Joshie and I made up. His friends aren't a threat. Melissa and I are starting over. It's going to be alright.

[Me]:

You're right. I'm glad I'll have you around for most of the day. Thanks for the encouragement Joshie. I really appreciate it.

"Alright, let's get my clothes ready then," I rummaged through my drawers and picked out an outfit. Just as I set it down on my chair my phone buzzed again.

[Joshiebeans]:

:) I'll pick you up early tomorrow just in case you need the extra time to prepare yourself.

I smiled.

At least going to school means I'll get to see Joshie more often.

•••

I woke up to my alarm ringing at an earlier time than it usually does. I groaned and rolled around in bed.

"Ugh...why is school a morning thing?" I grumbled sitting up knowing that if I stayed in bed any longer I'd miss the whole day entirely.

I could hear various footsteps outside my door. Waking up at a time like this is pointless. Mom, Dad, and Mikey are early birds meaning they have a schedule which further means that it is chaos out there. I'd be lucky to find the bathroom empty.

My phone buzzed.

[Joshiebeans]:

Heading your way! Should be there in about 20 minutes so take your time ♡

I let out a tired sigh.

Not even Joshie's message is enough to make me wanna stay awake.

I unwillingly got out of bed and set out to the bathroom. The moment I got out of my room the commotion stopped and I could feel my family's surprised stares as they watched me make my way to my destination.

I forgot to let them know I'd be going to school today.

•••

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" Mom asked once again.

"It's fine, Joshie should be here soon, we're walking together," I explained.

"That's fine I could drive you both," she suggested.