Feelings?

|Chapter 22|Asen|

After we discussed the calendar situation, time flew by and before we knew it the club meeting was over.

"Alright guys, it's time to go, Joshie don't forget that Monday is my day to help you," Melissa reminded him.

Right before Joshie and I made it out the door Melissa called for me.

"Asen, can you come here for a sec?"

"Sure..." I walked over to her and she hung her head down as if she were guilty of something.

"You know I'm not the kind of person who does not apologize after being wrong so I'm apologizing for what had happened on Wednesday," she rose her head up and made eye contact.

"What happened on Wednesday?" I was completely lost.

"You got mad at me because of how I decided to help Joshie, you told me to do some research before acting as if I knew what I was doing," she reminded me.

Damn, I said that? Was it too harsh?

"Oh..." I tried my best not to grimace at the memory of me yelling and talking shit to her in front of Joshie.

"Yeah, anyway, I'm sorry that I spouted out nonsense about a topic I knew nothing about, I pissed you off and you had every right to be pissed off. I've done research and I have an idea of what he may be going through so I wanted to tell you that I'll try a different approach this time. Let's just say that you don't have to worry about me forcing Joshie to talk to strangers or forcing him to talk in general," she gave me a half-smile which was probably another 'I'm sorry' and an 'I hope we can put this past us' smile.

"I'm sorry too, for uh, messing up your plan, that was shitty of me, even if your strategy was bad. Let's just start over with this whole situation," I sighed returning the half-smile.

"Agreed, this doesn't mean you don't still annoy me though," she clarified.

"Same here," I stuck my tongue out childishly before heading back to Joshie who was now talking to Mimsy.

•••

|Joshie|

Before Asen and I left the clubroom, Melissa called out to him.

"Asen, can you come here for a sec?"

"Sure..." he walked over to her and they began talking.

Hmm, I wonder what they are talking about.

"Me too," Mimsy suddenly appeared beside me, startling me.

I sent her a text.

[Me]:

What do you mean you too?

She read it and her face broke into a smile. "Well, I just figured that you were wondering what they were talking about so I said 'me too,' your face had 'huh?' written all over it."

I nodded my head understandingly, it made sense.

"You know, they used to be good friends in the past," she spoke up again.

I gave her a surprised look.

"Yeah, apparently it went downhill though," she shook her head.

I texted her again.

[Me]:

What happened?

She read it and shrugged, "Not sure, but I bet Melissa is trying to fix whatever happened, they seem pretty friendly right now don't you think?" She nodded her head at them and I glanced over in their direction.