S.H.O.U.T.

|Chapter 2||Melissa|

"This is horrible! Not one single student approached our booth for club decision day! I knew we should have gotten this club's green light sooner, we would have had more time posting flyers and all that stuff," I sunk into my seat.

"Don't worry Mel, I think if we wait a little longer in this club room, someone will definitely walk in!" Mimsy was trying to cheer me up but it wasn't working.

Just then someone walked in and I immediately sat up.

"Let go old man! I can walk in on my own!"

This doesn't sound good...

In walked Asen Acker. He and I didn't have the best relationship, I knew him in the past and now we can't tolerate each other and everyone who knew us in middle school knows this.

"See!" Mimsy clasped her hands.

I internally groaned.

"Ew, Melissa Harvick? Hell no, I don't want to be here," he tried to leave but Principal Docmen held him back.

"Now, now, Acker, you agreed to do this so don't try to get out of it now or else you will be giving Mr. Ken a little visit," He threatened Asen.

"Uh, what's going on here Principal Docmen?" I tried to keep my cool.

"Well, Asen here will be joining your club. I have high hopes that you will be able to shape him into a wonderful student, you both are the best role models in the school after all!" He laughed.

I will fucking kill him.

"You can count on us Principal Docmen!" Mimsy saluted.

"Mimsy!" I whispered-yelled.

"I'm glad you guys understand!" He pushed Asen into the classroom and turned to leave. "Have fun-oh, and if he leaves, this club will be removed and he will be sent to Mr. Ken's class so play nice!"

After he left I lost my cool.

"What the hell?! This club is for people who actually take education and leadership seriously!" I fumed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, I just don't want to see Mr. Ken, so tough luck goody-two-shoes," he mumbled.

"I will cut your fucki-"

"Melissa! How dare you threaten our new member?! We are supposed to be good examples! Don't let him get to you," Mimsy gave me a disappointed look.

I sighed.

"You're right, you're right. Alright then! Here," I slammed the stack of flyers onto the table in front of Asen, "Post these around the school and you can leave early, I'll tell Principal Docmen that you helped out for today."

"What?! This is gonna take forever!" He frowned.

"Well it was easy for you to stick gum around the school," I retorted.

"So you're the bitch that snitched on me, I 'ought-"

"Not a good idea Asen, do you want me to report you to Principal Docmen?" Mimsy cut him off.

He glared at us, then sighed and grabbed the stack of papers as he rolled his eyes.

"Fuck you do-gooders and this god damn school," he hissed and left.

•••

|Asen|

"77, 78, 79, 80..." I mindlessly was pasting the flyers on every locker using the gum that was already on them as tape replacement, "...81, 82, 83, 84, 85...?" I think I accidentally shoved a paper in someone's face at some point, but then again I wasn't sure so I just kept pasting, "...86, 87, 88, 89..."

•••

|Joshie|

I was standing next to my locker wondering why there was gum on it when some kid shoved a flyer in my face. From the looks of it, he seemed to be in a trance as if he had been posting them up for a while now.

I sighed and took a look at what he was advertising.

"Join the 'Students Helping Others Upperclassmen Team.' Together we will help out around the school and make sure it remains a safe and healthy environment for the students. We are the voice of the school and we make sure that voice is heard. We S.H.O.U.T. for those who can't! Meetings Monday-Friday after school from 3PM-4PM in room A-105"

The "S.H.O.U.T. Club" huh? It says here that they are the voice of the school, I wish I could be that confident...wait, the club says it helps others, would they help me if I join? Should I join this club? Or maybe instead of getting their help, I will be able to become confident on my own once I join! Then the other kids will stop calling me mute.

I folded the paper and slipped it into my pocket.

The future's not looking so bad after all...