Surprise Visit

|Chapter 75|Joshie|

I made my way to the clubroom. I was going to stay after school today but I wanted to have time to see Asen.

"Joshie!" Melissa was waiting in the clubroom alone.

"Hey," I greeted.

"How did it go? Did you guys make up? Is everything okay now? How is he?" She bombarded me with questions.

"It went fine. We talked it all out and he's okay. He's coming back Monday," I explained.

"Oh, okay, that's good," she went silent.

"Melissa...I'm sorry that I got in your way. You liked him too and-"

"It's okay, we don't get to choose who we fall for. You shouldn't feel bad about any of this. If anything, I'm sorry for what Mimsy did. I never asked her to do that," she gave me a sympathetic look. "Anyways, you make him happy, I'm fine as long as he is. I'm happy for the two of you."

"Thank you," I looked down at my feet. The guilt was there but her reassurance made it smaller.

"So, are you going to stay and help today or..." She trailed off.

"I was actually going to ask if it is okay to skip today. I know I've been flakey lately but I promise next week I'll stay after school I just have something important to do today."

"Okay, it should be a quick day today anyways but I'm counting on you to help out next week. No more skipping, got it?" She faked a serious look.

"Yes, ma'am!" I saluted and we both laughed.

•••

|Asen|

I was playing a game on my phone when I got an incoming call from Joshie.

A call? I've never gotten a call from him before, this is memorable! What if I sound weird through the phone though?

Suddenly, it stopped.

Shit!

I quickly called back hoping I didn't miss the chance of hearing him today. When the call picked up there was silence.

"Joshie?"

"Hey! I hope I didn't interrupt anything...I hung up just in case you were still busy."

"I'm not busy at all, we came home a few hours ago, what about you? School must have ended already. Are you at the clubroom?"

"No, I'm not at the clubroom. I asked Melissa if it was alright to skip today."

"Huh? Why? Are you not feeling okay?" I grew a bit worried.

"No, it's nothing like that, I just wanted to have the time to uh...visit you, if that's okay."

"Like today? As in right now?" I looked around the house to see if it was clean and it was then that thanked my past self for cleaning my room earlier.

"Yeah, today. Of course, if it's not a good time, I won't intrude, but I just wanted to see you."

My face grew warm, "You can come, I don't mind at all! I want to see you too..."

"Okay good because I'm outside and it would have been embarrassing if you said that it wasn't a good time."