In Return

|Chapter 35|Asen|

I made my way to Joshie's room and sat on his bed.

I wonder what he is talking about with his mom.

I looked around his room.

I really do not believe that he is innocent, he has to be hiding something.

I snooped around.

Nothing in the shelf of books, nothing under his bed, nothing on his desk-wait a minute...

I saw that his desk had a drawer. I opened it.

Nothing but papers.

I sighed and was about to close it when I saw a brown frame poking out at the bottom underneath all the papers.

I pulled it out. It was a photo of Joshie and his father, he looked to be around the age he was when we had first met. He was sitting on his dad's shoulders grinning like a fool. His dad had the same smile on his face, they looked so similar. They looked so happy together.

Now that I think about it, I've never met his father.

I put the frame back, there was probably a reason why it was buried under all those papers.

I sighed and sat down on the floor resting my back on his bed.

The door then opened and Joshie came in looking frazzled.

"You're quite the sight aren't you?" I joked. "So, you said you wanted to talk?"

He nodded and grabbed the whiteboard.

I watched him as he wrote down something. He held it up for me to see, "I want to talk about you skipping some of your classes and not doing work."

This again?

"No thanks, I don't want to talk about unimportant stuff," I sighed and rested my head on the bed allowing my eyes to close. "Plus, I went to all of my classes today. Heck, I even went to math! Shouldn't me just being there be enough?"

He probably wouldn't understand, plus, I rather not make him worry about my problems when he already has his own.

I was suddenly hit in the face with the marker he had been holding.

"Ouch, what the hell?!" I opened my eyes to look at him. He held his board in front of him.

"It is important! I want to help you too, Asen."

What? Why?

I was going to reject his offer but I saw his face and he looked so serious. I sighed, "Fine. I'll let you 'help' me, but you need to remember that your problem comes first, mine isn't that serious so we shouldn't waste too much time on it."