Tell Me About It

|Chapter 21|Asen|

I stared down at my phone reading Joshie's message over and over.

[Joshiebeans]:

Do you want to talk about what happened this morning? You seemed pretty upset.

I wasn't sure what to say.

Do I want to talk about it?

I didn't want to bother Joshie with my issues when he had his own to deal with, he was far too busy to hear mine, and trust me, I had heavy baggage.

"Thanks for the concern Joshiebeans, but I'm fine, I just had to find a way to escape Principal Docmen's office, don't take what I said too seriously," I forced a smile on my face.

It's better he if doesn't know.

He didn't seem convinced and was about to type again, but Melissa and Mimsy barged in.

"Okay guys, let's have a little chat," Melissa walked up to us.

"This doesn't sound too good," I mumbled.

"Hush," Melissa glared at me. "Okay, do you see anything wrong here?" She asked motioning around the room.

Mimsy and Joshie both shook their heads.

"Yeah, you're here," I rolled my eyes.

She kicked me. "Incorrect, what's wrong here is that Mimsy, is not the one with Joshie. Today was supposed to be her day to help," she crossed her arms.

Mimsy gasped, "Oh, you're right, I completely forgot about it!"

"Exactly, she forgot, that's why we need a schedule, I have made a calendar so that things like this don't happen anymore," Melissa clasped her hands.

"A calendar?" I rose an eyebrow at this idea.

"I know right? What a great idea!" Mimsy clearly didn't see the displeased expression I had on my face.

"Okay, so here is the calendar," she took out a poster from her backpack that had all the days of the week excluding Saturday and Sunday in bold with our names beside certain weekdays. "Mondays will be my days to help Joshie, Tuesdays will be Asen's days, Wednesdays Mimsy's, Thursdays me, and Asen will help again on Fridays."

"I guess it's not that bad," I admitted.

"Of course it isn't," she huffed and went to post the calendar in the far back of the classroom where not many people who actually have a class in this classroom would notice.

Mimsy who had been standing beside us went to help her leaving Joshie and I alone.

I saw him start typing on his phone probably going to bring up the conversation we had been having prior to being interrupted so I was trying to think of a way to change the subject.

"So, uh, Joshie, are we going to work on finding your voice today after school?" I quickly asked.

He looked up from his phone, then back down at its screen, his eyebrows knitting in contemplation. He deleted the words he had just typed and typed new ones.

My phone buzzed.

[Joshiebeans]:

Today? Are you sure? Aren't you busy? I mean it's Friday after all.